• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FMV of Superman 1 without a back cover?

70 posts in this topic

Needs badly to meet up with a back cover that's similarly nice, and not be restored, just placed carefully next to the guts on the back. :)

I don't know...

I'm in the conserve it camp. This book does not need restoration. With proper conservation one can re-attach a back cover seamlessly that could be (easily) reversed at any time and would not affect the integrity of the rest of the book.

For those against restoration/conservation, what ever label you want to put on it, it seems to me to be a good half step forward with the choice to always return back home. 2c

damn, you had to go and link it. Now I'll have more people to compete with. :makepoint:

If only someone hadn't started a thread about it. doh!

With all the Superman 1 .5s on sale now, I didn't think it would be so easy to find this one...

:sorry:

damn, you had to go and link it. Now I'll have more people to compete with. :makepoint:

With all the Superman 1 .5s on sale now, I didn't think it would be so easy to find this one...

anyone looking for a superman 1 will easily find...especially from a major auction house...you didn't spill any beans or create any more competition (thumbs u

anyone looking for a superman 1 will easily find...especially from a major auction house...you didn't spill any beans or create any more competition (thumbs u

:kidaround:

(I was joking)

Although I am interested in this one...

Meanwhile ... Fishler (or maybe a billionaire in London) is sitting on the Atlantic City Superman 1 with the coupon clipped.

Given the rarity of high grade Superman covers, makes you wonder what that book is worth. My guess is that if the cover graded out consistent with some of the other ACC books (9.0 to 9.4), then it would zoom past most of the Superman 1s on the Census (top Universal are 2 8.0s, next Universal is 6.0, and top restored is a 9.0 A-3), if not all. It's a cover centric world. Picture is here and it looks high grade:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4873440

Meanwhile ... Fishler (or maybe a billionaire in London) is sitting on the Atlantic City Superman 1 with the coupon clipped.

Given the rarity of high grade Superman covers, makes you wonder what that book is worth. My guess is that if the cover graded out consistent with some of the other ACC books (9.0 to 9.4), then it would zoom past most of the Superman 1s on the Census (top Universal are 2 8.0s, next Universal is 6.0, and top restored is a 9.0 A-3), if not all. It's a cover centric world. Picture is here and it looks high grade:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4873440

may or may not be able to marry a cf that didn't have the coupon cut out

hm

So Fishler kept the Supes 1 ? What about the Tec 27 and 38, were they auctioned off ?
My guess is only the gents at Metro know what they kept and what they've sold, etc ;)

So Fishler kept the Supes 1 ? What about the Tec 27 and 38, were they auctioned off ?
My guess is only the gents at Metro know what they kept and what they've sold, etc ;)

Nvm Rick, found the 27 thru google (thumbs u

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=415277

Nvm Rick, found the 27 thru google (thumbs u

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=415277

was just referring to the supes 1...the tecs were auctioned as you found

Now that was a great collection. Holy cow! I remembered reading it then, seeing the pictures, etc. My mouth was salivating and still is haha .. Too bad it couldn't get a pedigree designation.

I have no idea how this didn't happen. Makes no sense.

Now that was a great collection. Holy cow! I remembered reading it then, seeing the pictures, etc. My mouth was salivating and still is haha .. Too bad it couldn't get a pedigree designation.

Too few books to make up a pedigree (shrug)

Too few books to make up a pedigree (shrug)

I don't know if it's the case of having too few books. The Allentown Pedigree only had bout 200 books, but all high grade. I'm thinking the grades overall were not high enough? Either way, I think it should have been.

Yeah, that one had a shot at flying under the radar. lol

Needs badly to meet up with a back cover that's similarly nice, and not be restored, just placed carefully next to the guts on the back. :)

I don't know...

I'm in the conserve it camp. This book does not need restoration. With proper conservation one can re-attach a back cover seamlessly that could be (easily) reversed at any time and would not affect the integrity of the rest of the book.

For those against restoration/conservation, what ever label you want to put on it, it seems to me to be a good half step forward with the choice to always return back home. 2c

All good, but since an archival attachment could be reversed at a future time, my preference would be to leave a nice back cover just next to it in a mylar, or holder. Either way, it could never be a straight blue label, since the cover sections would be married. I'd just prefer them to stay unattached.