• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hillbilly by Eric Powell on Albatross Funnybooks!

123 posts in this topic

The book costs $5.

Slackjaw wants you to buy at least 4 @ $35 a piece.

HAHAHAHAHA.....no thanks.

i love people who think that going to a con is free and everything should be sold at cost... :troll:

Well some people just like to help other collectors.

meh

The book costs $5.

i love people who think that going to a con is free and everything should be sold at cost... :troll:

Those people also have plane tickets, hotel bills, food costs, $400 convention passes to pay for.....oh and they have a long list of friends who they are already getting stuff for at cost. lol

San Diego is , far and away, the most expensive convention to attend. Combine the sheer volume of exclusives (making transporting difficult ) to that and you've got a situation where people asking for exclusives should be looking to help out the guy picking up the exclusives as much as they are looking for help.

Bottom line, expecting exclusives from sdcc for the cost of the book alone lacks empathy and may indicate the friend who is getting you the books is a better friend to you than you are to him.

The book costs $5.

Those people also have plane tickets, hotel bills, food costs, $400 convention passes to pay for.....oh and they have a long list of friends who they are already getting stuff for at cost. lol

San Diego is , far and away, the most expensive convention to attend. Combine the sheer volume of exclusives (making transporting difficult ) to that and you've got a situation where people asking for exclusives should be looking to help out the guy picking up the exclusives as much as they are looking for help.

Bottom line, expecting exclusives from sdcc for the cost of the book alone lacks empathy and may indicate the friend who is getting you the books is a better friend to you than you are to him.

:golfclap:

not to mention the off the wall UPS "handling" charges to ship

The book costs $5.

:golfclap:

not to mention the off the wall UPS "handling" charges to ship

$20 a box, on top of shipping costs, for anything over 10lbs...and it goes up a lot if it's 20lbs.

i went to a shop near my office just a few minutes ago. they didn't get issue two and they said they ordered it. they called their other locations. none of them got issue two today.

I'm going to stop by a couple shops on my way home this evening.

none of the shops in the tampa area that i went to had it. they all said next week. i had one store ask me if i wanted to " pay for it in advance." i said no i will check back next week. she then said " ok it might be gone we only ordered one copy.