• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

I'm having a devil of a time finding a nice 9.4-ish 201. :(

hm I should scan the back cover on the 211.

I know the feeling and I'm having trouble finding a decent copy

of 202. Actually any copy above VF+ for that matter.

Jeffro, I forget to ask you how was that NM DC Special series 13

you ordered? I bought a mid grade book from them and it was

graded fairly accurate. How is their NM grading?

In my opinion, it wasn't NM. :(

I'll buy mid grade reading copies but I don't think I'll ever buy anything HG from them.

In my opinion, it wasn't NM. :(

I'll buy mid grade reading copies but I don't think I'll ever buy anything HG from them.

I've heard that about them before. Sorry to hear it. :(

That seems like a tough book to find also,althouth I've only been looking

since I seen your scan. One will turn up.

Just got this one in today. This was always one of my favorite covers from the mid to late 70s. I remember picking this off of a spinner rack back then because it really caught my eye.

GIC-196.jpg

Just got this one in today. This was always one of my favorite covers from the mid to late 70s. I remember picking this off of a spinner rack back then because it really caught my eye.

GIC-196.jpg

That is a book that also looms large in my memory - I never bought it off the racks,but when I started collecting in 1978, it was one of the first war comic 'back issues' I found....

Easily one of Joe Kubert's best GIC covers... just a sweetie, and a nice copy to boot!

Shep

Nice to nail that series in one go, and in nice-looking shape to boot!!!

I remember reading them as a kid (about a year or two after they came out) and being totally freaked out by the graphic depictions of nazi brutality in a comic book! Some of Ric Estrada's best art, and a suprise Lee Elias art job in the last issue.

Great series.

Shep

Nice books Randy :applause:

I loved the Blitzkreig books. AS a kid I thought it was cool, and kinda gutsy to do a book from the German POV.

I still need to replace my childhood copies :cry:

Very nice randyp. :applause:

I would like to see a CGC Registry set for Blitzkrieg. And I would like to see a Showcase edition of the odds and ends of Bronze DC War as well. Like Blitz and Four Star Battle Tales, DC 100 Pagers, Brave and the Bold crossovers, DC Special, DC Super-Stars, DC Presents crossovers, GI War Tales, etc., as well. Even though I know it will never happen.

This thread has been dead! I love Silver. And Bronze is before my time for the most part (even tough that is what I collect), let's liven it up! Anyone have some interiors to post? Once I finish my SSWS set I will overload the thread with posts from my favorite run, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Well, here's an interior that I've posted before, and it's the only one I have time to do this morning. It's a scene from G I Combat that really struck me reading it as a kid.

glanzman.jpg

And the book ( I hope, it's still early here lol) that it came from

GI.C170530x770.jpg

Very nice randyp. :applause:

I would like to see a CGC Registry set for Blitzkrieg. And I would like to see a Showcase edition of the odds and ends of Bronze DC War as well. Like Blitz and Four Star Battle Tales, DC 100 Pagers, Brave and the Bold crossovers, DC Special, DC Super-Stars, DC Presents crossovers, GI War Tales, etc., as well. Even though I know it will never happen.

This thread has been dead! I love Silver. And Bronze is before my time for the most part (even tough that is what I collect), let's liven it up! Anyone have some interiors to post? Once I finish my SSWS set I will overload the thread with posts from my favorite run, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Hey Bill,

You're right... all the war action has been on the Silver Age thread lately. However, I will have some sweeeeeeeet Our Army at Wars to post very soon.

I'm hopeful that DC will reprint some more SHOWCASE editions with oddball DC war stuff.... like a USS Stevens Showcase, or a Gallery of War Showcase. At the very least, I think we could see a Weird War and Losers showcase.

OH - and a shameless plug.... I'll be selling some war comics in the selling thread in about 30 mintues.

Shep