• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,139 posts in this topic

Recent pick up. GIC 154 Mass Copy

Another cool BA GIC, that era is right in the wheel house of my childhood reading days :applause:

There's a great slash page in that one of the HT being hauled in front of Hitler and a screaming crowd, showing how the Alies were 'finished' because of this 'junkpile tank' :cloud9:

I love all those 48/52 pagers... and they are downright hard! Great art by Heath, and then Glanzman.

I always preferred the junkpile Haunted Tank, rather than the Stuart and the Sherman... to me it was like another character in the story.

Shep

I love all those 48/52 pagers... and they are downright hard! Great art by Heath, and then Glanzman.

I always preferred the junkpile Haunted Tank, rather than the Stuart and the Sherman... to me it was like another character in the story.

Shep

I never understood why they ditched the junk pile tank (shrug) , it had character and a tank resurrected from parts of 'dead' tanks made more sense for a Haunted Tank anyway.

I did love the Stuart, but how that lil sucker kept knocking out Tigers is beyond me lol

Anyone have any copies of the Marvel series Captain Savage? Just found out that Severin did some work on the book.

Jeff,

I could only find one but I don't have the full run.

Picture442.jpg

Don Heck did the pencils and Severin was the inker on the inside

art.

This one just in from Greggy's Pile o' Junk :grin:

Nothin' like a good ole Heath Easy Co. story followed up by a good Glanzman USS Stevens story :cloud9:

OAAW225532x776.jpg

I love that book! And, happily, I too was able to put a nice copy into my collection this year.

One of the earliest USS Stevens tales too, and as you said just a KILLER Heath art job.

And I have always loved that cover.

Shep

Oh, do I ever!!

The first USS Stevens story appeared in Our Army at War #218, and it is one of the tougher books in the #200 to #250 run to find in grade. Here's my copy. Note that CGC does not mention it in the title, or Sam Glanzman for that matter!

oaaw218.jpg

Beautiful Book Shep and I was tempted to show mine,

but I think it's only a VF+ maybe VF/NM.

Here are a few of my favorite BA war books I have accumulated

so far and growing each month.

The first is one of my favorite Rock covers and I would hate to

be German and meet this mean looking Mo-Fo in my slit trench. :o

Picture488.jpg

This is a great cover and story to match on this SSWS book.

Picture484.jpg

Picture491.jpg

I stumbled across this HG baby and I didn't even know I owned it.

Picture478.jpg

Larry, :hi:

This time I tried nails through the table and it worked pretty good

holding those books upright. :gossip: Thanks for the tip. (worship)

fay :foryou:

Edited by Fazybones

Looking good Fay.... nice books. What grade is the #212? I've been looking for a 9.4 of that for a while, but it's pure snakebite.... just does not seem to be around.

Talk soon,

Shep

It's a PGX 9.2 and I haven't seen many HG copies around and

grabbed that one from LoisandClark for 55.00 if I remember correctly.

I wish it was CGC, but like you said not many around.

Edited by Fazybones

Oh, do I ever!!

The first USS Stevens story appeared in Our Army at War #218, and it is one of the tougher books in the #200 to #250 run to find in grade. Here's my copy. Note that CGC does not mention it in the title, or Sam Glanzman for that matter!

Thanks Shep...I should have known you'd have that info at your fingertips! (thumbs u

That book just moved way up my want list :grin:

What the heck, I'll show my sub par copy that took a few

years of searching and I just lucked out to find this one during

one of October's sales thread. Sam Glazman is awesome in

these books and I'm very partial to the whole 15 cent run up to

and past the Giants up to issue 246.

Good Luck on your hunt Karma. (thumbs u

Picture476.jpg

Shep,

I was wondering if Sam Glazman or any mention of the

USS Stevens stories are on any of the newer style CGC

labels?

Thanks in advance. (worship)

Oh, do I ever!!

oaaw218.jpg

:bump:

Sweet book, Shep. Would $5 be enough to coax that away from you? (shrug)

Andy

Ummmm....

In the immortal words of Charlton Heston.. "FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!"

I looked for that one for a long, long time...knew it was out there, but never thought it would come onto the market. I've been keeping an eye for other copies of that (hey you can never have too many) and aside from this one, I've only seen one other nice raw one in about 5 years.

Back in 2002 I was talking to a dealer at the San Diego con, and he said that by 2005, the market would be flooded with ultra high grade bronze, because all the dealers had warehouses full of the stuff, and were waiting for markets to crest.... I'm still waiting for that particular goldrush. There are many bronze age DCs which are just downright rare in grade. This book seems to be one of them.

Shep