• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

From Kevin Boyd's post in the Modern forum:

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER VOL. 1 TP

Writers: Joe Kubert, Bob Haney, Robert Kanigher, Frank Robbins, Archie Goodwin and David Michelinie

Artists: Joe Kubert, Irv Novick, Doug Wildey, Dan Spiegle and Jack Sparling

Collects stories from STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES #151-204

$16.99, 560 pages

Supposedly in December. Very cool.

Wow!! Sgt. Rock Archives, Enemy ace Archives, Haunted Tank Showcase, Unknown Solider Showcase, talk of a USS Stevens Archive..... we are truly living in a golden age for reprints!!

All the US stories from #151 to #204?!?!?!??? That is incredible!!!!

Shep

No, I haven't got this one...looks great, though! I've got the more modern figure, I think it's from DC archives, or something like that.

Very nice!

893whatthe.gif

Andy

I've seen the adds, and have been looking, but have not seen the figure for sale yet.

On something I do have though; I finally have enough books to dedicate an entire shelf in the comic room to DC war. Also, I'm running out of room on the "showcase" shelf for all of my SSWS Enemy Ace issues. I guess I'll finally take the HOS and HOM down and replace them with war books 893whatthe.gif

Picked up the CGC 9.4 SSWS 142 from Heritage for only 150, which I thought was a deal considering every other place is selling the issue for about 250+. Trying to work with Harley on a SSWS 142 Curator NM copy, but he wants 340 for it. If I can talk him down, I'll be adding that to the collection. However, I only paid 140 for the cgc'd 149 Curator and with the Heritage purchase being so low, if he won't go 200, I'll probably pass.

Anyway, had to get all that in because I'm heading to the ocean for a week. Any good shops in Portland, by the way...besides PGX world headquarters 27_laughing.gif

I've seen the adds, and have been looking, but have not seen the figure for sale yet.

Once you have the SGT Rock doll, it's time to get the accessories...

Has anyone ever seen one of these?

dcad25.jpg

Jim

Once you have the SGT Rock doll, it's time to get the accessories...

Has anyone ever seen one of these?

dcad25.jpg

Jim

Hey guys,

DC pumped these out to jump on the smaller-sized G.I. Joe Craze in the early 80s. I have seen a few of these on ebay, and they are truly crappy little toys... with very little thought to accuracy or WW2 detail.

They do pop up, but overall they are pretty rare!

Shep

On something I do have though; I finally have enough books to dedicate an entire shelf in the comic room to DC war. Also, I'm running out of room on the "showcase" shelf for all of my SSWS Enemy Ace issues. I guess I'll finally take the HOS and HOM down and replace them with war books 893whatthe.gif

Picked up the CGC 9.4 SSWS 142 from Heritage for only 150, which I thought was a deal considering every other place is selling the issue for about 250+. Trying to work with Harley on a SSWS 142 Curator NM copy, but he wants 340 for it. If I can talk him down, I'll be adding that to the collection. However, I only paid 140 for the cgc'd 149 Curator and with the Heritage purchase being so low, if he won't go 200, I'll probably pass.

Anyway, had to get all that in because I'm heading to the ocean for a week. Any good shops in Portland, by the way...besides PGX world headquarters 27_laughing.gif

Nice ones!!!

#142 in 9.4 at that price is excellent!! Love that book.

Take care,

Shep

Has anyone seen the Sgt Rock board game? It's like a vinyl mat with some generic green army toys. I've got one back in my parents' garage gathering dust. I think I've got a Sgt Rock lunchpail or something to that effect also.

Has anyone seen the Sgt Rock board game?

No way, really? I'll have to get one of those someday.

The Recon playset above with the camo tent or whatever it is, reminds me of the Marx plastic "terrain" sheets that one would put under the Guns of Navarone mountain! I loved that playset. It's not surprising I graduated to Unknown Soldier, Haunted Tank, and Sgt. Rock about a year later.

Marc

Has anyone seen the Sgt Rock board game?

No way, really? I'll have to get one of those someday.

The Recon playset above with the camo tent or whatever it is, reminds me of the Marx plastic "terrain" sheets that one would put under the Guns of Navarone mountain! I loved that playset. It's not surprising I graduated to Unknown Soldier, Haunted Tank, and Sgt. Rock about a year later.

Marc

I liked the Corgi Tanks - the ones with the recepticle on the end of the barrel... you put a little red shell in there, pushed back the barrel and fired. They were awesome. I still have the Tiger, King Tiger, Chieftan and Halftrack (Mint in the box of cours!)

Shep

Nice books John! You're tearing up the marketplace. Here's one I got recently, I really love this cover. The 123 that follows is a great book as well with a very unique layout for DC war.

1241530-OFF1221.jpg

1241530-OFF1221.jpg.3f4fcc089bfa1197ec1b4f221abbe18e.jpg

Edited by buttock

Recent purchases from Doug Sulipa

Manitoba copy

gicombat1746gr.jpg

Manitoba copy

gicombat2026an.jpg

Manitoba copy

sgtrock3029ex.jpg

ssws1523zc.jpg

ssws1534tz.jpg