• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Worst case scenerio is I return them. confused-smiley-013.gif

haha....let me know how that goes. Make sure you add in the word "blacklisted".

I already thought about being blacklisted should I have to return. I haven't bought from them in 2 years so what the heck.

Worst case scenerio is I return them. confused-smiley-013.gif

haha....let me know how that goes. Make sure you add in the word "blacklisted".

I already thought about being blacklisted should I have to return. I haven't bought from them in 2 years so what the heck.

March on, stedfast collector! thumbsup2.gif

Hiya Shep and everybody else,

Just to set the record straight, I was working on just binding them all up as Shep was suggesting, but Steve Fears went to the trouble of scanning every page of every issue and THEN binding the scans together into a presentation volume for Sam. That was a hell of a lot of color pages Steve printed out, but damn, it looked cool. I thought about waving a carrot with a picture of the Stevens on it in front of Sam's face so as to distract him and absond with said volume, but no grocery store in SD had a carrot big enough.

Mick

Mick!

Nice to see you here.... Thanks for setting the record straight on the Stevens Album for Sam... for some reason, I thought it were you!

Hope you're doing well.... look forward to seeing more posts from you here on these boards.

Shep

Mick, that flashing envelope at the top is my welcoming PM to you. smile.gif

Buck, I look forward to your Mile High tale. My immediate thought is that those comics are too old to have a shot at true 9.4 (whereas if they were say 1980s warehouse GIC dollar size, I'd believe you'd have a shot at NM. But considering you'd be keeping the CGC books (ie, a good portion of the order) I don't think you'll be blacklisted.

Guys, I thought the new Heritage description was very funny. Written by Yahoo Big Five guy Don Mangus?

<<Have you gotten into heated debates about the "true" first appearance of Sgt. Rock? Do you recuperate from a hard day's work by heading to the woods to spend time with a wolf? When you shout "OK boys, the coast is clear," are three Nazis hiding just out of sight, ready to blast you, and is Joe Kubert crouched nearby, drawing the whole thing?

If your answer to any of the above is yes, check out the fine selection of war comics in this week's auction, including early issues of four of the five "Big Five" titles (sorry, no Our Fighting Forces)!>>

A couple from Mile High...unfortunately the SSWS 150 has to go back(their NM was about an 8.0) but they did send me 2 keepers

Never seen this one so had to pick it up. A great Russ Heath Haunted Tank story in this one.

SRS2.jpg

Maybe a 8.5 but paid so little I think I'll keep it.

SSWS159.jpg

Edited by johnenock

A couple from Mile High...unfortunately the SSWS 150 has to go back(their NM was about an 8.0)

crazy.gif I ordered the 151 in near mint.

hey, I knew from past orders that anything before 1980 was a crapshoot with them (Have recieved 9.4's and 8.0's). Just needed a 150 and thought I'd give it a shot. Oh well, they have accepted returns from me with no hassle in the past...they'll take this one back too. I'd send the other back too, but like I said...cheap equals keep(a nice place holder). Anything after 1980 is pretty solid with them though.

Hey guys,

I've bought from Metro before, and I've generally been happy with their grading - it's usually down about .5 of a grade, but I've also had books come back undergraded from them. I know there's been some debate over the quality of their grading, pro an con.

Here are some recent pickups from them. All were listed as 9.4. I currently have all of these in 9.0-9.2, but I bought these in the hopes of getting them slabbed and scoring 9.4s. Back covers are nice, and the page quality is generally ow/w.

Anyway, some nice books.

oaaw288n.jpg

oaaw289n.jpg

Great books, Shep! Looks like 7 or 8 are 9.4's for sure....but then again, nothing is for sure. insane.gif

You's a serious collector, boy! Damn! makepoint.gif

Andy

My wife would say 'WAY TOO SERIOUS!' 27_laughing.gif

I just follow my bliss. cloud9.gif I can't get enough of these kinds of books.

Shep

By the way, I've seen some of your stuff too - you're no slouch yourself!