• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

I was debating whether or not to pick this one up. Now that I have it in-hand, I am VERY glad I did. Too cool. I need to get more of these.

gic96.jpg

cloud9.gifThis is what my dreams are made of....

andy acclaim.gif

agreed, that image was burned into my brain the first time I saw it when I was just a kid. the detail is just amazing cloud9.gif

Yeah, that's just a great panel. Awesome composition, realistic, and gritty.

agreed, that image was burned into my brain the first time I saw it when I was just a kid. the detail is just amazing cloud9.gif

Yeah, that's just a great panel. Awesome composition, realistic, and gritty.

agreed agreed!

Andy

So let's post some books!

Recent purchases... sorry, not my scans. The only way I can get nice scans of slabs is on the scanner in the office, and I've been too busy to get in.

Our Army at war #231 - Mass. copy

oaaw230cgc94.jpg

Our Army at War #243. This was on ebay forever, so I was able to talk to the seller down to a decent price.

ourarmyatwar243cgc94.jpg

Our Army at War #249. From the Clink. Rare DC war Wally Wood art, the last war art he did, I believe.

RAD351252006713_22046-1.jpg

Our Army at War #289. From Bob Storms, off ebay.

oaawar289cgc.jpg

Hey John,

Yeah, that was Microbia's copy. It too had been up on ebay for a while, so I was able to talk him down a bit. Great seller to deal with. He's got some super books.

I'm really, really surprised that more bronze age OAAW in CGC 9.4 haven't come up on ebay since November. I've been looking pretty much every day for three solid months, and it's been pretty slow... maybe half a dozen books. I really thought a lot more of the Rosas and Massachusetts books would have come into play by now. I know the Oaklands are pretty much gone forever.

I am hoping to submit a stack of OAAWs later this year, but as we are moving house in the next couple of months, I'm waiting until after we settle. Since I started on my goal to get a high grade run of the title from #200 to #301, I've gotten 9 issues in certified 9.4 or better. Frankly, I thought more material would surface, but the clink and Heritage have been dead. Anyway, more coming up I hope.

Any new stuff with you? Let's see!

Shep

So let's post some books!

Recent purchases... sorry, not my scans. The only way I can get nice scans of slabs is on the scanner in the office, and I've been too busy to get in.

Our Army at war #231 - Mass. copy

oaaw230cgc94.jpg

Our Army at War #243. This was on ebay forever, so I was able to talk to the seller down to a decent price.

ourarmyatwar243cgc94.jpg

Our Army at War #249. From the Clink. Rare DC war Wally Wood art, the last war art he did, I believe.

RAD351252006713_22046-1.jpg

Our Army at War #289. From Bob Storms, off ebay.

oaawar289cgc.jpg

Nice pick ups, Shep! (once again)!

I'm going to have to study up a bit on these "pedigree" books that are out and about. Mass....Rosa....Oakland....etc...I know there's been lots of talk about great collections vs. pedigrees, does anyone know what the pedigree factor usually does to the price of a book realized? Also, can someone post a link to the discussions on these pedigrees/non-pedigrees?

Thanks guys!

Andy

Got these in the other day. My first key war books.

scan0004.jpg

scan0032.jpg

scan0030.jpg

Three of the classics!!

Even though it's probably the lowest price, guide-wise, OFF #123 is the tuoghest book. Just not a lot of them around.

Nice!

Shep

Hi everyone, My name is Larry Hejny and I'm from Carlsbad, Ca. I'm a huge DC war fan. I found this thread about 6 months ago and have been hooked ever since. My new years resolution (Feb 5 already) was to become more involved in my hobby and this is a great place to start. I'm fairly new to collecting war books with only about 3 years under my belt. this thread has helped put a lot of my questions to rest (especially in terms of scarcity). I want to thank you all for that. The series I'm especially working on putting together in Hi-Grade is Sgt Rock 302-422 with specials and annuals. Right now I'm at 9.2 to 9.8 and when I'm done I hope to have 9.6-9.8 accross the board. I would say right now the vast majority are in the 9.4+ range. I picked this series because you can still find Hi-Grade books at a reasonable price. I'm also collecting all the other bronze war books in Hi-Grade and have many Hi-Grade issues already. This is my first official post since I don't believe bidding on Bigfiver69 auction counts. I'm not to hot with the scanner and I don't know what program I should use but a quick pm from someone in the know should help me out a lot. I always loved DC war art and stories ever since I was a kid and its great to find others that appreciate it also. Thanks

Welcome Larry!

Scanner-wise, if you are using a mac, see if you can ge a copy of Adobe Photoshop. It's awesome. If you have a PC, just use whichever software came with the scanner. Then, get hooked up with a decent image-hosting site (I use photobucket). And then, scan away!!

If you need help, give us a shout. Seems like we all had trouble posting our first time.

Shep

I picked this series because you can still find Hi-Grade books at a reasonable price.

I said the same thing in the horror thread...then everyone piled on (including the speculators) to drive up prices. Some things are better left unsaid, I'm afraid.