• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, My name is Larry Hejny and I'm from Carlsbad, Ca. I'm a huge DC war fan. I found this thread about 6 months ago and have been hooked ever since. My new years resolution (Feb 5 already) was to become more involved in my hobby and this is a great place to start. I'm fairly new to collecting war books with only about 3 years under my belt. this thread has helped put a lot of my questions to rest (especially in terms of scarcity). I want to thank you all for that. The series I'm especially working on putting together in Hi-Grade is Sgt Rock 302-422 with specials and annuals. Right now I'm at 9.2 to 9.8 and when I'm done I hope to have 9.6-9.8 accross the board. I would say right now the vast majority are in the 9.4+ range. I picked this series because you can still find Hi-Grade books at a reasonable price. I'm also collecting all the other bronze war books in Hi-Grade and have many Hi-Grade issues already. This is my first official post since I don't believe bidding on Bigfiver69 auction counts. I'm not to hot with the scanner and I don't know what program I should use but a quick pm from someone in the know should help me out a lot. I always loved DC war art and stories ever since I was a kid and its great to find others that appreciate it also. Thanks

Welcome Larry! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great to have you here!! Enjoy the books posted and we'll be happy to see any of yours once you get a handle on scanning and posting.

As Shep said, if you need any help, just ask. thumbsup2.gif

Andy

Hey guys,

Anyone planning to be selling at this Saturday's virtual comicon? I plan on being there... not sure what I'm selling yet, but I'm sure I'll be able to pull some stuff out.

Sounds like a great idea - hopefully they can pull it off.

Shep

I'm gonna be selling as well. I don't know about any war books. Maybe one or two but nothing major. I might try to sell a couple of my higher ticket items though. Bronze and Silver stuff mostly.

Can someone tell me where the sale's happening? Is it in the marketplace or what? Thanks in advance! thumbsup2.gif

BTW...I won't be selling...my books are a 20 hour flight from me right now.

Andy

Can someone tell me where the sale's happening? Is it in the marketplace or what? Thanks in advance! thumbsup2.gif

BTW...I won't be selling...my books are a 20 hour flight from me right now.

Andy

Andy, it's my understanding that the sale will take place in the Marketplace, but I'm not clear on whether it is going to be a single thread or a series of them.

I sure hope there are lots of purdy war books out there for sale popcorn.gif

Yes, Sgt Rock issue #329 was the only Whitman issue, There are varying degrees of scarcity depending on the label. Sgt rock was only done in this label and can be found in mid-grades but tough to find in really high grades. Hope this helps.

BTW I'm looking for a hi-grade copy myself....

You forgot the *hint*hint* poke2.gif

BTW I just got done looking back at the first 7 or so pages (I think I have my settings at max posts per page) of this thread and they hold up very well. Most of the image links are still working. thumbsup2.gif

Had to cheer myself up after going to MSG tonight and watching the Bolts get demolished by the stupid Rags. frustrated.gif