• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,137 posts in this topic

This has been seen on this thread before, but huge props to our own John Nock for his willingness to part with this book. I'm pleased as punch to have it my collection now. Thanks man!!

OAAW237.jpg

Glad it made it Shep! It is an all-time favorite cover of mine. -John

These two pics are not the actual scans (I pulled them from other posts. shy.gif ) but I have copies of both of these coming from Doug Sulipa. grin.gif

The 21 that's on its way is a 9.2 Manitoba copy. yay.gif

digest12.jpg

digest21.jpg

Did he have a big run of the digests? If so, that's pretty cool... they're tuff.

And is he still getting new Winnepeg books?

Shep

Yes and yes gossip.gif

By next week, I should be moved into my new home here in Ontario. Aside from the fact that it will be great to be settled, it will also be really, really, really nice to be back with my comics! I have a great display idea in mid that will finally let me show them off like I've always wanted.

But in the interim, while my comics have been in transit, I've been working on a little side project. I found a healthy stack of lower grade 70s war comics in a local shop (solid VGs, a couple of bucks a pop.) I was going to pick a bunch up for my son, but to make it interesting, I only bought issues with Bob Kanigher Gallery of War tales in them. My plan (insert evil 'BWAH HA HA!' laugh here) is to scan all the BKGOW tales, print them and get them bound in an Archive-like edition. Should be cool... I'll post some shots when I get it all done.

Then... I might just do a USS Stevens book too!

Shep

This thread's been quiet...too quiet. So I thought I'd post a nice lil book I found today. It's no cgc 9.6 but it was one of my childhood books and I didn't even know what the cover looked like as I've had a coverless copy for as long as I can remember

OFF-140517x769.jpg

You're right...too quiet.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Have you got any others that you can post? I'm at a computer nowhere near my scanner.

Man, I love Kubert's art! cloud9.gif

Andy

I bought a bunch of Sgt. Rocks yesterday and enjoyed some of the inventive backup stories, some of which were 1-2 pages. The one where an allied bomber crashes in the desert and sprays fuel all over the sand was great. German commander carelessly drops his finished cigarette and instant toast. I also loved the one where the Indian brave manages to trick his cavalry pursuers into freezing to death. Seems like that one was originally published in the 1970s though.

Marc

Have you got any others that you can post? I'm at a computer nowhere near my scanner.

Andy

well Andy, I don't have anything else new, but here are a couple more just for fun grin.gif

OAAW273522x777.jpg

G-5.jpg

OFF-133524x778.jpg

Andy

well Andy, I don't have anything else new, but here are a couple more just for fun grin.gif

OAAW273522x777.jpg

G-5.jpg

OFF-133524x778.jpg

Those 3 are all great, but I love the GIC 179! That cover is fused into my brain as one of the greats. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, Karma!

Andy

Those 3 are all great, but I love the GIC 179! That cover is fused into my brain as one of the greats. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, Karma!

Andy

Yeah, but you have to wonder why they had to climb up a cliff face to get away from the tank? Not to mention how they climbed that face without any climbing equipment.

But maybe I'm reading to much into it. insane.gif

Nice to see some action back on this thread.

Good news!!! All my household items arrived on Friday, thus completing our great move westward. They busted the TV, but the comics all arrived in perfect shape... what a massive relief. I'll be spending the rest of the week getting everything set up.

I haven't made any purchases lately, but hopefully something will come my way soon.

BTW, love that OAAW #273.... one of my favorite all-time books.

Shep

I may very well have gotten this copy FROM you Shep! I am sure I picked it up from a board member. It's one that I remember buying off the racks

BTW, sorry to hear about the smashed TV, but at least you'll have moretime to re-read and appreciate your comics now grin.gif

Yes!!! That is the same #273 that I sold you... I noticed the tell-tale light crease in the bottom right corner. Otherwise, it was a nice copy.

As for the TV, happily the move was insured to the hilt so they're going to be paying for a new one!

Shep

Well, I guess I'll just post a couple more, since I'm having an ice cold beer and doing some scanning and watching some Baseball. These are two of my all time favorite G I Combats. The 161, I believe, was the first that I bought off the racks. These two feature General Stuart battling the ghostly guardians of enemy tanks, Attila The Hun and Alaric The Goth cloud9.gif

G-8.jpg

GIC161.jpg