• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,137 posts in this topic

Why is #138 so difficult? Good question. Aside from the fact that it's the first appearance of the Losers, which makes it a bit of a minor key, there does seem to be a dip in availability in G.I. Combats between #135 and #145. All of those books are tough in grades above VF. Could have been a lower patch of distribution during that period.

FN copies come up ebay all the time. But high grade copies? Kinda tough.

Shep

I'm finding GI Combat 149 to be a beeyotch to find in high grade. I don't even have a 149 in my reader lot.

Ironically enough I own two Heath pages from that book and have never seen what they look like in color.

Here's something to look at...

From Cancelled Comic Cavalcade #2, Fall 1978

Explanation: In June 1978, DC cancelled several of their titles. For copywrite purposes, the unpublished original art for these titles was xeroxed, bound in these books, published and distributed. Only 35 copies were made.

Army At War #2 Un-inked

ArmyAtWar2.jpg

Army At War #2 Inked by my friend

ArmyAtWar2inked.jpg

Battle Classics #3 Un-inked

Dunno.jpg

Battle Classics #3 Inked by my friend

(my friend who inked these didn't know the title of the book at the time he inked, so he just put WWII in for the title)

Dunnoinked.jpg

Thoughts and comments? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Andy

Edited by thirdgreenham

They are xeroxed copies, Jeff....

Ooooh, boy do I wish they were originals! I love that cover to the Army At War #2!!! cloud9.gif So much going on in there. hail.gif

Andy

Fabulous!

Now why am I having so much difficulty finding this book in HG?

Got an extra that you might want to part with?

bronzejohnny

Sorry Johnny, I had a 7.0 copy that i gave to my best friend when I found this one sorry.gif

incidentally, I picked up a beautiful copy of SSWS #151 the same day that I found this 138...twas a good day cloud9.gif

SPWS.jpg

Edited by Karma23

Battle Classics #2 Un-inked

Dunno.jpg

Andy

Does anyone know what story was to have been reprinted in Battle Classics #2? confused-smiley-013.gif The first issue was from B&B 52. This one looks like a Rock/Mlle. Marie xover?

Battle Classics #2 Un-inked

Dunno.jpg

Andy

Does anyone know what story was to have been reprinted in Battle Classics #2? confused-smiley-013.gif The first issue was from B&B 52. This one looks like a Rock/Mlle. Marie xover?

Actually, at first I called it Battle Classics #2, but actually, it's the cover to #3. foreheadslap.gif As far as what was in it, not sure. But seeing Rock, Bulldozer, and Mlle. Marie there, I'm sure it'd be a fun read! thumbsup2.gif

Andy

Fabulous!

bronzejohnny

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Another boardie is getting back to me on a list of GI Combats I am getting ready to sell. It's a 9.0...I'd have to check but if he passes, I'll give send you some info. thumbsup2.gif

GIC138.jpg

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that all war must go. Look in the marketplace early Wednesday morning for some Silver, bronze and modern HG War books. poke2.gif

Fabulous!

bronzejohnny

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Another boardie is getting back to me on a list of GI Combats I am getting ready to sell. It's a 9.0...I'd have to check but if he passes, I'll give send you some info. thumbsup2.gif

GIC138.jpg

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that all war must go. Look in the marketplace early Wednesday morning for some Silver, bronze and modern HG War books. poke2.gif

893whatthe.gifWhat are you doing, John? 893whatthe.gif

Any deals? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif

Andy

Not enough HG books to go around and the ones that come up are just too spendy, so switched to Pre-hero B and B's and pre-code horror. I know, screwy.gif.

Deals? Maybe on some of the stuff, but probably right around or a little above guide depending on the book.

Oh yeah, getting married and buying a bigger house might have something to do with it too.

Now that I've gotten my books all unpacked and squared away, I've had a chance to get a few out and enjoy them. Here are a couple from a run that doesn't get enough credit. Of course, everyone is all over Our Fighting Forces #123 (first Losers in the title) but the run is pretty soft until #131 when John Severin takes over the art.

There are some great covers and backup tales featured in these issues. Mmmmmm. 15 centers are awesome.

gic560002.jpg