• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC BOARD CLASSICS

72 posts in this topic

Why? (shrug)

The guy was a complete scumbag long before that thread started. There's no reason to believe that threads created on the CGC Boards led to any of the insanity that ensued after those threads. The guy was just :screwy: The threads themselves were still very humorous with the memes being created.

No need for the dig of including "common sense" in the reply. I thought I acknowledged that incident with "insanity that ensued after". It was a very tragic outcome of individuals that are the subject of that thread. But that thread or any humorous posts contained in the thread have nothing to do with the horrors that came after.

Maybe I'm just a terrible person. :sorry:

Why? (shrug)

Because of what he did to his wife. Common sense.

While what he did to his wife was horrendous, he had a long history of abuses and illegal activity. I do not believe the actions of the boards led to his actions against his wife.

If anything, that thread and his name should remain active as additional evidence as to what a scumbag he is in the event that he tries to put one over on someone again and they google his name.

Let this thread be an added part of the "Thomas Neeley legacy". As this news report says:

WBTV.com - Woman describes brutal attack, husband arrested

According to North Carolina's Department of Corrections' web site, Neeley's criminal history dates back to 1996.. and his cases range from breaking and entering to kidnapping.

Thomas Neeley is a thug and a animal. Let this thread be yet another sprinkle on his criminal cupcake.

No need for the dig of including "common sense" in the reply. I thought I acknowledged that incident with "insanity that ensued after". It was a very tragic outcome of individuals that are the subject of that thread. But that thread or any humorous posts contained in the thread have nothing to do with the horrors that came after.

Maybe I'm just a terrible person. :sorry:

Wasn't meant to be a dig.

But this situation seems to be much, much worse than the other "incident" we're not allowed to mention on the Boards.

But the other "incident" involved one Board member doing something terrible to another Board member. In the Houseofcomics incident, the guy was a loser that happened to join the Boards and was called out for comic related shenanigans and ultimately did something terrible to a loved one long after that thread and having nothing to do with the Boards or its members.

He was a criminal before and a criminal after. No one would have even known about what he did after unless someone hadn't posted the story on the Boards long after the houseofcomics threads were buried in Comics General.

The event happened. Why should we stick our head in the sand in pretend it didn't? Even beyond the memes and the after event, there were important things to learn in that thread. The guy was creating a website and massing who knows how much money by selling comics that didn't exist. I would bet the boards saved non-members who would never know any better a lot of money. Money they may have saved up for a long time.

Why? (shrug)

Because of what he did to his wife. Common sense.

While what he did to his wife was horrendous, he had a long history of abuses and illegal activity. I do not believe the actions of the boards led to his actions against his wife.

If anything, that thread and his name should remain active as additional evidence as to what a scumbag he is in the event that he tries to put one over on someone again and they google his name.

Let this thread be an added part of the "Thomas Neeley legacy". As this news report says:

WBTV.com - Woman describes brutal attack, husband arrested

According to North Carolina's Department of Corrections' web site, Neeley's criminal history dates back to 1996.. and his cases range from breaking and entering to kidnapping.

Thomas Neeley is a thug and a animal. Let this thread be yet another sprinkle on his criminal cupcake.

He ended up getting a plea deal for 15 years or so. The wife told the media that she was not getting the justice that she deserved.