• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman - examples from the Masters!

55 posts in this topic

Great thread - haven't had the chance to take my own scan of this one yet so apologize for the watermark.

Lee:

europa%201%20p3%20Albert%20Moy_zpsyc0mc4na.jpg

Amazing piece Thawk! I think Lee's work on Batman Europa was some of his best work ever. He really showed off his creative skills. I actually think it is better than Hush.

Did you purchase this from Albert Moy? I am doing more research for Lee art to find my first purchase. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for your piece? This is strictly for education.

Great thread - haven't had the chance to take my own scan of this one yet so apologize for the watermark.

Lee:

europa%201%20p3%20Albert%20Moy_zpsyc0mc4na.jpg

Amazing piece Thawk! I think Lee's work on Batman Europa was some of his best work ever. He really showed off his creative skills. I actually think it is better than Hush.

Did you purchase this from Albert Moy? I am doing more research for Lee art to find my first purchase. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for your piece? This is strictly for education.

Thanks! I really loved this page and that whole issue - shot you a PM

Brian Bolland:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=663702

I wish I had a great Killing Joke page to put up instead but the search continues :)

Could have just saved the trouble of the entire thread, and just put up your CAF page instead. Wow...just spent the last half hour going through your gallery. Adams, Wrightson, Perez, Rogers, Zeck, Finch, Sprang....they're all there! wow.

Thank you very much for the kind words. Your collection is outstanding!

Brian Bolland:

I wish I had a great Killing Joke page to put up instead but the search continues :)

What's up Jared ? :headbang:

Hahaha Chris, get to San Diego Comic-Con this year so we can catch up!

I will actually be there this year...haven't gone since 2006. Once a decade, just like the census.

Brian Bolland:

I will actually be there this year...haven't gone since 2006. Once a decade, just like the census.

I actually go once every 5 years (with a super small sample size). Coincidentally enough, just like the Canadian census

Malvin

Brian Bolland:

I actually go once every 5 years (with a super small sample size). Coincidentally enough, just like the Canadian census

Malvin

Would love to go, but can never get tickets, but at this point finding a hotel would be even harder.

I don't have Batman art from either of the two that I would show, but they are Marshall Rogers from the Englehart/Rogers/Austin run (the best ever IMHO) and Sprang (yeah, I'm old, but he was great).

Here's a Sprang piece that is up on Heritage that I would love to own, but that's not happening.

Secrets of the Batcave

Click the link to see it in all its glory. I'll look for a Rogers' piece on the interwebs later (on plane, supposed to be working).

161958.jpg.2afd488fa14c132215fc755af0ae0a5e.jpg

Here's a killer Batman piece by Budd Root. This piece is 48" long X 19" tall!

He's not known as a Batman/DC artist, but he's done a LOT of Batman commissions over the years. I think you can see why!

BuddRootBatman_zpsegcvclxq.jpg