• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doomsday "Collectors Set"

10 posts in this topic

Hi Modern guys! I'm pretty much a GA poster but ran into something kind of weird to me and figured you fellows could maybe give me some info.

Last weekend I ran into this Doomsday sealed "Collector's Set" It looks to have 20 "Doomsday" comics and a poster sealed inside. It doesn't list what books are inside just a bunch of titles. I figured it might be some thing decent with the "Death of Superman" book showing.

Can anyone tell me what is in here and if there is anything good? First one I've run into and thought it looked interesting. Is it worth opening or should I leave it alone?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

supermancomicset1_zpstmcxhnvb.jpg

supermancomicset2_zpsnerg1kyi.jpg

Yes, the later printings are sought after by certain collector's, myself included. I myself would remove them from the pack, and bag and board them. If you have a nice copy of MOS 17/18 later printings in there, it definitely has a little value.

There's a thread in copper that I started last summer when I opened one of these up and posted the exact contents. There's nothing else in there than what you see on the top. Also some of the books you can't see can be heavily damaged by the piece of bristol board you can't see in the middle to give the pack some "strength" and help keep its "shape"

Jim