• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The two most common excuses for buyers remorse

234 posts in this topic

That guy posted a :takeit: & tried to trade away a 7.5 a couple weeks later...

What am I missing?

- bababooey < - moon saver

It's the only 9.6 Avengers 57 I can find Joey selling on here. And he said the seller attempted to sell the 9.6 on Storm's site, not on here. I can of course be wrong and I will be the first to apologize if I am. But that thread is the only one I can find that fits all the details (An Avengers 57 in 9.6 sold to a seller who took it per PM, because Joey said he had been contacted asking for a deal, that was sold a few years ago)

ebay could do something abt this.

Someone doesn't pay the feedback is automatically generated: BUYER DID NOT PAY FOR THIS ITEM.

Buyer has 3 such incidents and goes to bid: SELLER MUST ALLOW BID TO PROCEED

Sends message to seller: BUYER ISUKK21 WANTS TO BID ON YOUR ITEM. BUYER HAS 3 UNPAID ITEMS IN LAST 6 MONTHS. ALLOW-------- NOT ALLOW

Here, here. I second this motion. It should be part of our individual stats. At least tracked up to a certain time frame, like say the past year.

I had a board member use the wife excuse on the Avengers 57 I sold him. Gave me every "this is my Grail book, I am taking this to my grave" line to get it for a discounted price from me. A week later I see it up an HighGrade Comics site for considerably more. When I asked him why he was selling his "Grail" book he used the wife excuse. When I said no problem, send me back the book and I will refund payment and shipping he all of a sudden could not arrange for that to happen. I hope some board detectives can pull up that sales thread to see who it was.

Wouldn't you have a PM exchange? (shrug)

I have 400 pages of PM's to sift through. I was up to 2011 when I stopped to eat dinner. Came back to find that the Jay man found it.

"Found it cheaper elsewhere" is what 75% of them would say if they were honest.

What about the other 25%?

My guess is Auction Winner's Remorse. Getting too excited during the last 12 seconds and overbidding like a fool. Next thing you know, you're the proud winner of a $156 X-Force #1.

Tread lightly there. I had a collectible figure set up for sale one Christmas. This mother kept emailing to lower the price and how her kids want them. I did tell her they really were not for playing, etc. Of course she hits the BIN and then later on states one of the figures was broken. Of course a partial refund to her original price "fixed" the problem. I did so because too much headaches and it was Christmas. Next time, I would just block them from bidding.

I have an auction ending today the current bid is $133.50, I received a note:

"Can you please do $80 right now? It's all I really have." Thought that was funny.

Got this one a month ago after he sniped an auction and went dark for 2 weeks. Only replied after I opened a NPB.

"Hey sorry for the late reply but I have been under the weather with the flu and now having some serious car troubles. I actually have an appointment at 8:30 am as my hyundai elantra with only 39,000 miles on it, came up with an error code for my engine. It came back after the diagnostic as a catalytic converter issue. So I am going to find out how bad it is later today. With that said, I am kind of short on cash now as not only might I have to pay to have my car fixed, as they are stating it isn't covered by warranty, but my tire axl or ball bearing on the right tire might need to be replaced and will cost a couple hundred if so. I apologize as I wasn't trying to stiff you and would pay you the listing fees in a few weeks if that was okay. I have great feedback and wasn't trying to stick anyone or anything.

sorry"

I don't remember these threads otherwise I would have added my experiences with MMM when they were active. Is he actively posting these days?

Posted positive feedback to Gazukes for books his wife let him buy in April

04/28/16