• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me? Sale threads...EBay sales

330 posts in this topic

Captain marvel 17 CGC 8.5

Until just recently this book had been listed at $299. Now it is on sale for a "measly" $229.

GPA, one sale only at $45 (a bit old I would add). Last copy a half grade higher in 9.0 sold for $200.

Does every seller on EBAY have to get 15-20% higher than the last known sale? I'm sure not always, but those books actually sell.

Haha are you going to point out every overpriced item on eBay?

Haha are you going to point out every overpriced item on eBay?

Going to have to make a clone of the site lol

Waiting for this puppy to hit 400 pages....

Granted, some of my searches may be biased because they are books I am looking for. Certainly not widely bought/sold titles like ASM. Here is one for starters.

I sold my Captain Marvel 17 in 9.8 to Thomas Drew of these boards a while ago. Since then I had been looking for lower grade, lesser cost copy. I have auto search on Ebay for "Captain Marvel CGC" and this book, among others, showed up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Marvel-17-CGC-8-0-1st-App-New-Costume-KEY-ISSUE-Movie-Coming-Soon-/152057326561?

I e-mailed seller and asked how he arrived at the price and he said it was a "hot" book.

10 year GPA range 4--$95. Last sale in 2015 $40.

Yours for only $163...no takers...

Rather than just skip over the over-priced listing, you decided to contact the seller & question his pricing?

Really?

I'd just like to point out that the op has yet to question me on my eBay pricing, therefore he is tacitly agreeing that my prices are acceptably low by his standards, which is not at all subjective.

I'd just like to point out that the op has yet to question me on my eBay pricing, therefore he is tacitly agreeing that my prices are acceptably low by his standards, which is not at all subjective.

What ya sellin? :popcorn:

Granted, some of my searches may be biased because they are books I am looking for. Certainly not widely bought/sold titles like ASM. Here is one for starters.

I sold my Captain Marvel 17 in 9.8 to Thomas Drew of these boards a while ago. Since then I had been looking for lower grade, lesser cost copy. I have auto search on Ebay for "Captain Marvel CGC" and this book, among others, showed up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Marvel-17-CGC-8-0-1st-App-New-Costume-KEY-ISSUE-Movie-Coming-Soon-/152057326561?

I e-mailed seller and asked how he arrived at the price and he said it was a "hot" book.

Rather than just skip over the over-priced listing, you decided to contact the seller & question his pricing?

Really?

Yeah...really. I see this stuff come up on my auto listing. By the time it was re-listed the third time I had to ask. Now I consider it wasting my time. How does a seller decide a book should be listed at 2X the last sale? Rhetorical really, we all see it all the time.

Really?

Yeah...really. I see this stuff come up on my auto listing. By the time it was re-listed the third time I had to ask. Now I consider it wasting my time. How does a seller decide a book should be listed at 2X the last sale? Rhetorical really, we all see it all the time.

So.....the seller is wasting your time because his listing comes up in your auto feed?

What do you consider the time spent contacting the seller to berate them?

So.....the seller is wasting your time because his listing comes up in your auto feed?

time spent contacting the seller to berate them = time Beyonder spent to post questions

Really?

A seller on Ebay is just as subject to questions or inquiry as a seller down the street from me. Frankly it's a waste of my time, but I figure maybe I can get somebody thinking about how they price things in the future. This guy, in particular, was very belligerent :mad: , mostly thinking I was trying o jawbone him down in price. I had not the slightest interest in a low grade copy of the book that was being listed at a much higher grade price.

So was it a waste of time? hm Probably. Is this thread a waste of time...probably. But I decided I would post some notes whenever I see outrageous pricing on books I run into while making personal searches.

I can tell you if I was a seller and I started getting notes like this, I might give the criticizing party a piece of my mind and then I would probably think about lowering the price.

So no offense meant: why don't you visit those posts where time is not being wasted, if that is a concern to you, and let me waste my time here? :baiting:

I plan on wasting a bit more time here!