• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me? Sale threads...EBay sales

330 posts in this topic

I just won an Auction for NM Marvel team up #95! only $9.99!!!!

downside....

new seller, zero feedback.

After auction was won, shipping price increased from $4.99 to $62.99. Shipping within Canada. what?!

So, I've asked him to change the shipping to a reasonable amount and if he doesn't then i'm reporting him.

Marvel Team-Up

downside....

After auction was won, shipping price increased from $4.99 to $62.99. Shipping within Canada. what?!

So, I've asked him to change the shipping to a reasonable amount and if he doesn't then i'm reporting him.

Marvel Team-Up

The last pic on this auction shows "5/5" written on the cover. The others don't have it...

downside....

Marvel Team-Up

The last pic on this auction shows "5/5" written on the cover. The others don't have it...

i'm very much missing that... ?

Seller is a board member. A well respected board member.

+1

Wasn't trying to imply any disrespect. Now for the rest of the story. I found a copy of this late last summer and was doing some research to see just what it might bring on Ebay, and a few other sales site. From what I could glean this book is quite tough to locate especially above VG.

My copy of World of Mystery #6.

WOM_6_zpsd1uli66t.jpg

My favorite 3 lines:

1. DONT MAKE ME SELL ON EBAY

2. I THOUGHT IT WAS A LOCK TO GRADE xxx.xx(.5 to 1.0 higher than assigned grade)

3. OLD LABEL GOODNESS(coming from a chronic crack press flipper selling his non upgradable book)

downside....

Marvel Team-Up

grade CGC 9.8

+1

Yeah, but to be honest, someone known for pretty aggressive pricing.

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :D

Edited to add: And someone who is often amenable to reasonable offers. I've bought many books from him over the years. But his asking prices are just about always aggressive.

+1

Yeah, but to be honest, someone known for pretty aggressive pricing.

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :D

Edited to add: And someone who is often amenable to reasonable offers. I've bought many books from him over the years. But his asking prices are just about always aggressive.

Aggressive to some is not aggressive to all or sometimes at all.

downside....

Marvel Team-Up

grade CGC 9.8

yup. two corner creases on the back, but other than that totally 9.8!!! um...by cgc....? i cancelled the transaction.

Even 'well respected board members' can have a bad grading day.

EXAMPLE: Green Lantern 141

I've seen this book reposted multiple times as NM- (9.2) in the title, VF/NM (9.0) in the actual listing, and a cover picture that says 'F-' from the upper and lower right-hand corner folds.

qawmz6W.jpg

Not even being aware this was a board member, it was surprising with those defects to see the two different grades posted - and both miss the mark. Especially that lower corner fold that has to be about 1 1/2" and breaks color so clearly.