• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF15 missing centerfold- restored to qualified?

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I own the below .5 restored signature series copy of AF15, restoration Slight Apparent, grader notes state "cover reattached with glue, missing centerfold". My question is, if i were to find a centerfold for this book and resubmit to CGC, would it be given a purple label or a qualified green label, and what would be an approx increase in the grade? If it would still be given a purple label and the cause of the purple label is the glue used to attach the cover, is it possible to have the glue removed professionally by CGC, find a centerfold, resubmit and receive a qualified green label (also looking for an approx grade for this example too)?

s-l1600.jpg

Would it lose the SS designation when it gets deslabbed for the cf marriage, or would CGC be able to recognize it from scans and the included previous label?

This is a really good question. hm. My guess would be it would lose it's SS designation, but I am not sure.

I asked this question a long time ago and had it explained by Bree (who directly asked a grader.) This was done via PM so I'm probably not allowed to cut-and-paste the answer here, but, in a nutshell, married pages are treated as restoration (not a "qualification") when you have a yellow label. So, even if you got the resto removed, if you married a centerfold, you would still have a yellow/purple label.

However, they recently updated their labels page to include a new label which is "qualified sig series" (which is distinct from just "signature series"), so it may be now be possible to get a yellow/green label:

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/label_description.asp