• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,633 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2024 at 11:31 AM, Dave2739 said:

Haslab Rattler is fully funded.

https://toynewsi.com/278-54554

I was really surprised when I saw this.  Friday night and Saturday morning must have seen a crazy amount of backers, because I was starting to lose hope that we'd hit 18k when I checked on Friday morning.  Now it's well on its way to 23k with a little under ten hours left.

There are a few people that check this thread out that may have the upcoming Studio Series 86 Optimus Prime on preorder.  Early orders are starting to ship and there is a problem with the feet.  In order for them to be corrected you will need to drive the pin out and switch the right to left and left to right and flip them.

See here for more details.  Right now I am tempted to just cancel my order at BBTS and just repurchase the Earthrise version that is back available again on Amazon.  (I recently sold my previous Earthrise version on FB for more than they are selling them for on Amazon.)

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/08/26/studio-series-86-optimus-prime-possible-misassembled-feet-issue-519495

On 8/18/2024 at 7:50 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

Picked up a nice Kenner MASK collection that has several rare pieces. I'm thinking of investing the extra money to complete those before selling them. I think it would be worth it. Most of them need a little cleaning, as well...definitely loved by a cool kid at some point. 😊

IMG_20240817_224303.jpg

IMG_20240817_202752.jpg

This is a nice MASK lot.   Bit of everything. 

Since I've knocked a few other toy grails off my list, I've been thinking about picking up a Boulder Hill in the future.  

MASK is weird.  For me, I either find them in a feast or famine fashion.  

Started going thru my collection to inventory.  As a result, I've punted SO many figures and their masks.  Realized I don't need duplicates and someone else likely needs one.

Patrick 

On 9/12/2024 at 4:33 PM, followtheleader said:

This is a nice MASK lot.   Bit of everything. 

Since I've knocked a few other toy grails off my list, I've been thinking about picking up a Boulder Hill in the future.  

MASK is weird.  For me, I either find them in a feast or famine fashion.  

Started going thru my collection to inventory.  As a result, I've punted SO many figures and their masks.  Realized I don't need duplicates and someone else likely needs one.

Patrick 

I actually completed a bunch of them before listing them for sale. The rare ones will certainly be better off as a result...

IMG_20240906_115053.jpg

IMG_20240906_120419.jpg

IMG_20240906_121731.jpg

IMG_20240906_122154.jpg

IMG_20240905_170216.jpg

I had the opportunity to grab a bunch of complete in box vehicles at one point.  I went thru them to help a friend price some Joe stuff and I found the Condor in one of the larger vehicle boxes.  I look back and think that was a mistake not grabbing them all.  But I did get my favourite one.

image.thumb.jpeg.60dbbc286543cdb6c9ea39465b3f8a77.jpeg

I really like the 80s MASK toys.  Some of them were nicely engineered.   For those that don't know, a company called "The Loyal Subjects" apparently has a contract with Hasbro to bring back MASK toys in 2025.  Looking forward to it.