• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

We know why you don't like the movie. We get it. You keep trying to pretend you're a 'valid' voice of movie criticism (despite... no long term knowledge of it, education in it, or wide reaching understanding of other genre's), but you've been exposed. 

You can keep trying to 'pretend', but I'm going to keep reminding people.

6 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

🤢  🤮

I like that Captain Marvel had an entire scene with her escaping the Skrull ship where she didn't wear shoes just for people who still circulate this picture.  See, the internets won again!

8 minutes ago, Marwai said:

I like that Captain Marvel had an entire scene with her escaping the Skrull ship where she didn't wear shoes just for people who still circulate this picture.  See, the internets won again!

They CGIed  her feet to look better in the movie :baiting:

12 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Hey, so, I haven’t seen Captain Marvel yet.  Anyone got an opinion on it?

Its a solid Marvel movie. I paid full price matinee to see it and was happy with that. Probably the low end of the top-10 if you're counting. That's not entirely a dig at Captain Marvel because the top-5 Marvel movies are significantly better than the other 17.

30 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

'My daughter...' Admit it. You want them right now.

:baiting:

Mrs. Donut wanted to get the adidas ones. They're insanely hard to find.

1 minute ago, FlyingDonut said:

Mrs. Donut wanted to get the adidas ones. They're insanely hard to find.

The backpack I saw at Disneyworld was really sharp. Not some cheap throw-away bag over time. There is a green version as well called the 'Training Bag' which I didn't see.Loungefly_Captain_Marvel_Mini_Festival_Backpack_MUL-m.thumb.jpg.1cc7e5dec76e28e2917b1d51a6bc74f0.jpg

6 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

What other context are you talking about exactly?

Your quote is from this thread, about this movie, about this character, explaining why you feel how you feel. This is the only context! 

The spinning and whirring from the comicsgate crowd on this movie is extraordinarily amusing. 

A note - when someone uses the words "feminist tropes" when discussing A COMIC BOOK MOVIE THEY HAVE NOT SEEN you should take their opinion with a small grain of salt.

14 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Hey, so, I haven’t seen Captain Marvel yet.  Anyone got an opinion on it?

I thought Captain Marvel was great! I enjoyed it a lot!...A whole lot! I will probably watch it again before it leaves the movie theaters.  Bottom line, I was extremely entertained and rank this movie in my top-10  (maybe top 5) comic book movies. 

36 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

What other context are you talking about exactly?

Your quote is from this thread, about this movie, about this character, explaining why you feel how you feel. This is the only context! 

Really? How about the context of the entire post and the entirety of my review.

32 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

The spinning and whirring from the comicsgate crowd on this movie is extraordinarily amusing. 

A note - when someone uses the words "feminist tropes" when discussing A COMIC BOOK MOVIE THEY HAVE NOT SEEN you should take their opinion with a small grain of salt.

Who's criticizing the film for using "feminist tropes" that hasn't seen the movie..?

Edited by TwoPiece