• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where's the Superlative Thread about Civil War?

21 posts in this topic

I don't have it in me to write a MMehdy thread about the Captain America movie but after all of the complaints (probably deserved) about Batman vs Superman, it would have been nice to see some the Captain America movie. No critiques unless you've actually seen it...

I liked the continuing character development. I thought the motivations and plot twists were realistic. The whole airport sequence was incredible.

I think I need to watch this one again!

It was better than BVS tho i am a dc guy. Zack had to much destruction and unreal things going on. Cap was more real to me but WT :censored: do i know i am not a God like Mitch or have that long black/gray hair like Thor. (worship)

I'd just like to be the first one to point out that I have not yet seen the movie, and therefore my objective opinion is that the movie is awful.

lol

I'd just like to be the first one to point out that I have not yet seen the movie, and therefore my objective opinion is that the movie is awful.

But you also have to base it on how much you loathed the previous Cap movies! (good luck with that) :baiting:

:headbang:

But you also have to base it on how much you loathed the previous Cap movies! (good luck with that) :baiting:

:headbang:

:tonofbricks:

:sorry:

It appears that we only like to complain about things based on the popularity of this thread.

I don't have it in me to write a MMehdy thread about the Captain America movie but after all of the complaints (probably deserved) about Batman vs Superman, it would have been nice to see some the Captain America movie. No critiques unless you've actually seen it...

I liked the continuing character development. I thought the motivations and plot twists were realistic. The whole airport sequence was incredible.

Just got back from seeing it and oh my gosh I loved it!!!! You are right that scene is incredible. As far as full on entertainment this film is definitely worth the price of admission. The humor in the movie is fantastic I think. They aren't afraid to add a little comedy which I enjoy. They don't take themselves so seriously 100% of the time. Really enjoyed this film. Without giving away spoilers and I'm not much a individual who gives movies grades so I will just stick with this. Civil War gets (thumbs u(thumbs u from this geek

Just got back from seeing it and oh my gosh I loved it!!!! You are right that scene is incredible. As far as full on entertainment this film is definitely worth the price of admission. The humor in the movie is fantastic I think. They aren't afraid to add a little comedy which I enjoy. They don't take themselves so seriously 100% of the time. Really enjoyed this film. Without giving away spoilers and I'm not much a individual who gives movies grades so I will just stick with this. Civil War gets (thumbs u(thumbs u from this geek

Just saw it last night as well-very enjoyable movie! As you said, the humor was a great touch and had both the kids & adults laughing in the theater.

Some jaw dropping action sequences...I need to see it again to really appreciate the nuances that only we geeks could enjoy.

Make sure you've seen Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron & Antman before seeing this movie to get the full appreciation of the continued character development.

-bc

Really enjoyed it. The new Spidey is very good (although he seems to evaporate after the airport sequence). With a complex story line and a large cast of characters, there were many ways that this could have gone off the rails, but they handled it very well.

agreed!! They handled it very well and I agree seeing the other movies helps put things in perspective. Not a spoiler but I did notice Cap said the word Timely which I thought was kind of neat. Also really enjoyed the Avengers 223 homage :cloud9:

Watched the movie last night, and having slept on it, I don't know that I have seen a better superhero movie. Superman ('78) may be the exception, but may be not. Still can't believe the quantity of superheroes and the all out action that this movie put on the screen. Still can't believe we are getting the quality of movie that we are getting.

Saw it, ...loved it, ...will see its again! :cloud9:

Are you sure you've seen it?! ;)

Na he did not see it hm to busy posting and drinking at 3am to make it to the movies :roflmao:

First I'll state I'm usually a DC guy but as shocking as this might seem... It is possible to like and enjoy both!

Hands down 100% best Spider-Man ever. I think for the first time it seems like they've captured the smart- teenage Spider-Man combined with the humility of a kid who just got superpowers. Really looking forward to the Spider-Man movie now and before I was just skeptical.

Second .. Black panther killed it. I don't think they could've cast a better guy. The dude is black panther and again, makes me all the more excited for the BP solo movie.

I did enjoy the action but I like a little less humor. Just my preference and why I typically gravitate towards DC flicks. It's not that I don't like humor in the movie, I just find that it's rarely done right. Guardians of the galaxy was right My alley as far as jokes go but I couldn't 100% peg it and tell you why that was so much better for me than the rest of the marvel movies.

All that being said, great movie, attracts more comic fans, extremely well done special effects.. What moe could you ask for!