• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Lightning #1 - 1st appearance of Black Lightning

39 posts in this topic

Hey there :3

We still don't exactly know a great deal of the films which DC has planned after Green Lantern is released in 2020, or many others that could potentially be introduced between 2016 and the 2020; but I was recently thinking what if they plan to add Black Lightning into the mix within the DC Extended Universe?

Especially given Marvel's introduction of Netflix's Luke Cage; and how DC could possibly see that as a means of potentially introducing us to Jefferson Pierce

But what do you think?

Would Black Lightning #1 be a comic to keep on one's radar? It's 39 years old and presently can be obtained had a rather ridiculous price and god knows what would occur if Black Lightning is revealed as a potential adaption.

I started looking for high grade BL 1s a couple of years ago. You can get them fairly cheap if you can find them, but the book has probably lingered in too many dollar boxes to make high grade abundant.

I'm sure that's what people said about Ms Marvel 1 and Nova 1 and any of a host of 70s comics that have been available for almost nothing for decades. Yes, it's a DC and not a Marvel but there are likely lots of high grade copies out there

No.

The only possiblity of Black Lightning making an appearance is if a Static movie is made.

Black Lightning will never get his own movie.

Just because BL will never get his own film, doesn't mean he won't appear in some capacity within the DC Extended Universe.

Honestly never read any of the comics. I picked up his first appearance for $15 in 9.2 condition.

It never hurts to have the first appearance of a character. Never say never with regard to his being part of the movies.

No one in a million years thought we'd see a talking raccoon shooting aliens on top of his humanoid tree friend. No one saw that one coming and those 1st appearances blew up in price.

Black Lightning appeared in a Saturday Night Live skit in the mid-1970s (Belushi was the Hulk) - I think Garret Morris played him. Everyone at the super hero party was asking him "Who are you?" -- "I'm Black Lightning, Baby!"

Only time I saw him in any movie/TV show - already had my copy from the rack. It is not in 9.2 shape by any means. But it is nice to have a copy.

Black Lightning appeared in a Saturday Night Live skit in the mid-1970s (Belushi was the Hulk) - I think Garret Morris played him. Everyone at the super hero party was asking him "Who are you?" -- "I'm Black Lightning, Baby!"

Only time I saw him in any movie/TV show - already had my copy from the rack. It is not in 9.2 shape by any means. But it is nice to have a copy.

Close...here's the '70s sketch:

The Black Lighting sketch (featuring Sinbad as BL) was from the '90s, during the whole "Death of Superman" media frenzy...

If this thing really happens, this could be the only Bronze Age Character turned TV show with an affordable reach. heck, even I-Zombie #1 (NOT a Bronze Age comic) had a higher price tag (raw) than Black Lightning #1. Or at least it was up until recently.

Sounds like a safe bet to me from a speculative stand point. It always did.