• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richie Rich #1 File Copy (Harvey, 1960) CGC NM+ 9.6 sells for almost 50 000$!!

16 posts in this topic

Some of these cartoon books are hot as can be. Archie 1, Pep 22, Peanuts 1, Little Dot 1, Richie RIch 1, Scooby Doo 1.

Some are pretty lukewarm for what they are

WDCS 1, Looney Tunes 1, Four Color 9, 16, D{I}ck Tracy, Popeye,

Some of these cartoon books are hot as can be. Archie 1, Pep 22, Peanuts 1, Little Dot 1, Richie RIch 1, Scooby Doo 1.

Peanuts #1 ? hm

Peanuts #1 ? hm

The 1953 United Features Syndicate (one-shot) No. 1 was the first comic devoted to Peanuts. Pretty tough book whose price has been rising. Census topper is just an 8.5.

Yes, an absolutely outlandish price from my point of view, especially considering that this is not even his first appearance in comics. :screwy:

From comparing the scans, it actually looks like Magik's copy which only sold for $19K last summer appears to be a superior copy not only in terms of the PQ for this almost $50K copy. The QP on the $19K copy looks nicer in terms of the top edge centering, and in fact nicer than all of the other 9.6 copies on Heritage's archive which all went for over $20K. The $19K copy from last summer sure seems to be a sharper and brighter copy. hm

All I can say is that whoever was smart enough to have picked up the 9.6 copy graded by the other company must be quite happy right now. (thumbs u

Thanks. I was wondering what that copy sold for. (thumbs u

:cloud9:Richie Rich was the first title I collected as a kid. Pretty amazing price!

Interesting. As a kid I found Richie Rich to be the single least interesting Harvey character. Oh well. To each his own.

(shrug)

Interesting. Twas the bottom group that was way up high in Overstreet's hierarchy of values through the seventies and well into the eighties. I wonder what caused the shift.

???