• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect May 2016 Auction

117 posts in this topic

Detective Comics 31 1.0 already at 25K, wow.

It will end 30K+

hm My guess is $38k

:insane:

Can somebody explain to me why anybody would be willing to bid $25K on only a CGC 1.0 copy of 'Tec 31, when they need to bid only $31K for a far superior CGC 4.0 copy of this exact same book? :screwy:

Because the 4.0 hasn't met reserve (which is likely in the 80-90K vicinity), so what's the point in bidding on that book if your budget is nowhere near enough for that amount.

Oh, I see as I did not notice the price reserve. doh!

Yeah, my thinking is that this copy in CGC 4.0 will hit at least into the $70K range at a minimum.

It will end 30K+

hm My guess is $38k

Can somebody explain to me why anybody would be willing to bid $25K on only a CGC 1.0 copy of 'Tec 31, when they need to bid only $31K for a far superior CGC 4.0 copy of this exact same book? :screwy:

Because the 4.0 hasn't met reserve (which is likely in the 80-90K vicinity), so what's the point in bidding on that book if your budget is nowhere near enough for that amount.

Yeah, my thinking is that this copy in CGC 4.0 will hit at least into the $70K range at a minimum.

I suspect this book will not sell less than 100K...

It will end 30K+

hm My guess is $38k

I'll stick to the 80-90K. We'll find out in about 3 weeks.

It will end 30K+

hm My guess is $38k

metro might own the book...they offered it on their site for more than 100K...I stand by my statement that it will not sell for less than 100K ;)

The Tec 31 CGC 4.0 was offered on ebay before it was placed at auction. Anyone remember the BIN price? Let's see if it will reach it.
it was offered on metro's site for 104K I believe

It will end 30K+

hm My guess is $38k

metro might own the book...they offered it on their site for more than 100K...I stand by my statement that it will not sell for less than 100K ;)

hm

I recalled it was offered at 95K at CC and no takers. I suspect the book will sell 70-80K hm
maybe it was 104K on ebay?...I have a recollection of the 104K...but that was likely the ebay listed price...now that you mention 95K, that might have been their site price

so, I might have to adjust down to that number...

I recalled it was offered at 95K at CC and no takers. I suspect the book will sell 70-80K hm
maybe it was 104K on ebay?...I have a recollection of the 104K...but that was likely the ebay listed price...now that you mention 95K, that might have been their site price

so, I might have to adjust down to that number...

Yes, that was there CC site price. Could still sell more than the 95K...just don't know this ever changing market...but I suspect it won't.

yeah Metro jacks up the price on eBay so Rick's recollection of 104K sounds right.
it's on ebay where I first saw it, so I went to their site and saw it there listed...never saw it listed on CC, but presume it was cross listed too...

in any event, the market is so much stronger this year from last for major GA Keys...

if this was a 75K book last year, it is a 100K book this year, IMO...