• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect May 2016 Auction

117 posts in this topic

Batman 1 4.5 129k and to think my copy was unrestored vg/fine before i had it restored in the 80s :frustrated:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=656181

"Woowwo," I said. "Don't do it," I said.

But would he listen? Never would he listen! :D

Are you telling me i could have got that book that i dont give a G.a.tors as_ if it was not pulled. :jokealert: (In no way was this comment towards our great G.A.tor here on the boards (worship) )

Batman 1 4.5 129k and to think my copy was unrestored vg/fine before i had it restored in the 80s :frustrated:

That seems on the ridiculous side.

A 4.5 went for $75k in a C-link auction just two years ago, and I thought that was silly then.

-J.

its been selling 27.5-30K a point for a year now...right in line...I turned down 100K on my 3.5 just last month

a friend turned down 150 on his 5.5 last month too...not silly, its the current market apparently

That seems on the ridiculous side.

A 4.5 went for $75k in a C-link auction just two years ago, and I thought that was silly then.

-J.

its been selling 27.5-30K a point for a year now...right in line...I turned down 100K on my 3.5 just last month

a friend turned down 150 on his 5.5 last month too...not silly, its the current market apparently

:o I stand corrected. doh!

-J.

Yeah, I have a beat copy of that one, so i wasn't an active bidder. But I think this is the copy of issue 2 that I've seen, so I would like to have snagged it.

Yeah, I have a beat copy of that one, so i wasn't an active bidder. But I think this is the copy of issue 2 that I've seen, so I would like to have snagged it.

Aw, sorry you missed the #2. :foryou:

After these results, I'm seriously considering consigning my #1 to them. Guess it will be a long while until the next event auction tho.

Aw, sorry you missed the #2. :foryou:

After these results, I'm seriously considering consigning my #1 to them. Guess it will be a long while until the next event auction tho.

August, I think.

It's amazing that there's enough interest to support this volume of sales, not to mention eBay, dealer sites, and conventions.

It never ceases to amaze me. I think the vintage market is much larger than most of us give it credit for.

I keep wondering how Heritage keeps feeding the trough on the sunday internet comics auction week after week. An endless supply of GA and SA books.

I've thought the same thing, besides the consignments, I'll bet their own stash, is huge from bought consignments and they feed the weekly with a lot of own, (shrug)

Archie 1 with an hour left on bidding now says

This item has been removed by the seller. What the is that.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=666390

hm(shrug) Seems "odd"

Set a reserve next time :facepalm:

That Archie 1 had a reserve. Probably scared of the book finishing well below their desired set price and hurting the ability to sell it afterwards.

Kinda defeats the purpose of an auction, CC should probably stop the practice regardless of the eyeballs it may bring.