• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.EsquireComics.com Now Live!!!

17 posts in this topic

news.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gif

The day has now arrived. Yes, indeed, www.EsquireComics.com is now live and ready to do business!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

The site still needs some tweaking, and additional changes will be made on Friday, including the posting of more great books for sale. I certainly don't have the biggest inventory around (less than 100 books right now, but give me time), but I feature some of the best books that exist. cool.gif

This includes such beauts as: Showcase #4 CGC 9.2; Mad #1 CGC 9.8 (Gaines); Green Lantern #1 CGC 9.0; Batman #2 CGC 9.2; All American #16 CGC 4.5 and Superman #2 CGC 8.0.

Please do check out the site.

great launch.

As an attorney, I would think a typo in your bio would bother you -- so just FYI -- you note in the second paragraph of your bio...

"I primary represent former or current federal employees, particularly within the Intelligence Community (CIA, DIA, NSA, FBI, etc), and members of the media. No doubt you have heard of many of the cases I have handled or clients I have represented"

I think it should be "primarily".

>> The site still needs some tweaking

Overall, nice layout. No major complaints.

A couple of minor notes:

In the main listings (e.g., clicking on "All Comics), it just shows 50 comics at

a time, then you have to click on the Next button. How about letting

me set the number to display? This is a browser, not a physical

page, and literally listing 1000 titles wouldn't be a problem.

Scrolling is easy and fast. It's a pain to use sites where they've

got a lot of something, and they force you look at them 20 or 50 or X at

a time. Why not offer the option of literally showing every book?

When I use the "Browse by Thumbnail and Description" the resulting

books don't state the price. Perhaps include that also?

Good luck on your site.

And the 7% is VERY tempting. If you can only get some traction against

the other comic sites out there.

gozer

--------------------

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.

Mark,

Congrats!! From one lawyer to another, I wish you all the best with your website. There has to be a trend here as your'e now the 3rd (at least) attorney who has either ceased practicing or cut down his practice, etc. in order to do something more exciting than waithing an hour and a half in court on a motion or pre-trial conference: comic books!! I believe I was the first, then Mark Arrand (Colmore Comics) and now yourself!!

I knew it would pay off one day to go to law school!!

Seriously, all the luck in the world with your new venture.

Counselor Schmell

Mark,

Congrats!! From one lawyer to another, I wish you all the best with your website. There has to be a trend here as your'e now the 3rd (at least) attorney who has either ceased practicing or cut down his practice, etc. in order to do something more exciting than waithing an hour and a half in court on a motion or pre-trial conference: comic books!! I believe I was the first, then Mark Arrand (Colmore Comics) and now yourself!!

Counselor Schmell

Damnit. What a guy. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Why couldn't you just go ComicLink on his @$$ and threaten to sue?!!?

great launch.

As an attorney, I would think a typo in your bio would bother you -- so just FYI -- you note in the second paragraph of your bio...

"I primary represent former or current federal employees, particularly within the Intelligence Community (CIA, DIA, NSA, FBI, etc), and members of the media. No doubt you have heard of many of the cases I have handled or clients I have represented"

I think it should be "primarily".

Whoops. Yep, that would bother me. Thanks!

Mark,

Will you be adding a "new arrivals" button?

This will probably depend on how often I get "new arrivals" and how many. However, the way the default is set up when you go to the "search by listing" is that the newest additions are listed first, so in essence the format is already there.

However, it is something to definitely consider.

Mark,

Counselor Schmell

Thanks Counselor! I appreciate the well wishes. From one attorney to another, Res Ipsa Loquitor!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Res Ipsa Loquitor!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif Gaahh, cut it out!

Ditto.

You won't catch me usin no stinkin latin.

Congrads Mark....the site is spectacular and I know that there is always room for one more dealer..... acclaim.gif

on a side note, i see that you're in Bethesda...I was stationed at Bethesda Naval Hospital back in the late 80's.....Best time of my life.....it's a great place ! - thumbsup2.gif

Mike