• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
20 20

4,532 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2024 at 3:25 PM, Jonathan78 said:

Don’t find these often- the last issues of Marvel Zorro. The Toth covers

IMG_3694.jpeg

Love the Toth covers, I've got all of his Zorro work in the Four Colors as well as these.

On 8/30/2024 at 7:29 PM, fastballspecial said:

Ive looked for this book for a very long time first copy.

sense3f.thumb.jpg.e57aeb16a8c30f5b4018e37c3ada7d8a.jpg

I see marvel logo, was there a comic prequel or continuation, or is reading the pursuit? Other than the harmonious cover to the books compared to this with eerieness, I wasn't aware of the plot! Other than to say it looked like a character building series if not whimsically portrayed in media.

So I guess I'd be interested and am only asking was it sought to read? And or does it carry on the characters or is it a prequel or subplot?

I'm also going to guess it didn't go for many issues if it is hard to find?

On 8/30/2024 at 7:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I see marvel logo, was there a comic prequel or continuation, or is reading the pursuit? Other than the harmonious cover to the books compared to this with eerieness, I wasn't aware of the plot! Other than to say it looked like a character building series if not whimsically portrayed in media.

So I guess I'd be interested and am only asking was it sought to read? And or does it carry on the characters or is it a prequel or subplot?

I'm also going to guess it didn't go for many issues if it is hard to find?

Little bit of research mentioned marvel illustrated sense and sensibility being 120 pages, glad I asked as it made me do some research lol

Idk if little house on the prairie or like haunted mansion, but the books always made people upbeat and talk. I guess the cover threw me off :)

Screenshot_20240830-200239.png

Screenshot_20240830-200324.png

On 4/6/2023 at 7:46 PM, mr_highgrade said:

It was probably a tiny print run. My guess is, it probably didn't sell and was returned. (shrug)

I know this is a very late response, but I was just reading your answer and this is relevant, so here goes:
A couple weeks ago, I attended Terifficon in Connecticut. One item that has been on my wish list for a long time is Four Color V2 #29, The Mummy's Ring. I saw at least 6 of them at the show. Every show I go to has one. Instead of getting one in low grade for $600, I bought a FC 189 in high grade instead. The point though, is that FC 29 is a very old comic from the early 1940's and is always available in multiples at every mid to large con I go to. Some modern newsstands however, are noseeums.