• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

On 11/12/2023 at 5:11 PM, fastballspecial said:

U suck lol You know how many years I have looked for this book? Has there every been anything to identify this book yet?

Nothing but crickets! This is the 4th copy I've found and I've found them all within shouting distance of Chicagoland. I think there may have been a special signing maybe at Graham Crackers Comics (the local Chicago chain of comic shops) or something way back in the day. The other idea I've heard is that this was a test run as Marvel was switching to direct editions.

It's been over a decade now that this "logo variant" was unearthed and still no one has a clue where it came from or why it exists! Gotta love this hobby-

On 12/11/2023 at 6:23 PM, littledoom said:

Some recent vhtf book pick ups 

IMG_0094.thumb.jpeg.f521ea5ea1b34d2e8b82ddff8e4b7c27.jpeg

and others to a lesser degree 

IMG_0120.thumb.jpeg.5264da50ce1fb3c0116ddde4abcf90f3.jpeg

Ah man, I'd love to have the noir Cheval, that punisher 100 is the bees knees as well :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/11/2023 at 7:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well the cheval noir is Dave Stevens I think, and I own the #100. Just kind of thinking out loud here lol

:cheers:

And wait 🫷😄

@grendelbo are you my gift exchange person? My person didn't send a card that I saw on the outside, no worries, but I have the person's real name and didn't remember if it was yours except for vaguely doh!

I thought about doing a video to open if I open Christmas Eve as my "one gift early", but then again tradition is Christmas morn. :ohnoez:

I didn't know if "everyone would" and they might have enjoyed a video of my ugly mug. :roflmao:

See thinking out loud, wheels a spinning! Haha

X-factor 250 1/50 variant

I have this book. I bought it almost a year ago for 40$ after thinking and checking for some time. Did not find any sold listings and it was not for sale in MyComicShop. I also check CGC consensus and Comichron and after all that I was kinda sure that this must be a rare comic book. Finally I was like whatever just buy the damn thing and well it is a X-men related book even thou I never cared too much about X-factor and I think the cover is kinda bad.

Edited by godzilla43

On 12/16/2023 at 3:32 AM, godzilla43 said:

X-factor 250 1/50 variant

I have this book. I bought it almost a year ago for 40$ after thinking and checking for some time. Did not find any sold listings and it was not for sale in MyComicShop. I also check CGC consensus and Comichron and after all that I was kinda sure that this must be a rare comic book. Finally I was like whatever just buy the damn thing and well it is a X-men related book even thou I never cared too much about X-factor and I think the cover is kinda bad.

Interesting is it a retailer variant or a con/store variant. First copy I have seen.