• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

So, I recently moved to an area with a couple HPB locations. First time I've ever had one nearby. Do they still carry comics?

Mine does, but finding bargains sometimes is tough, mine is the "flagship'' location in Dallas TX. I went by there today, they redid the place, but if you have a couple then surely one carries comics :foryou: 

They had a lot of Batman Allstar and Rebirth Jock covers in the cheapo bins, but I didn't pick any up....... I'm rambling but they usually keep the pricier comics under bins with a lid under lock and key to flip through, but at least that keeps them in better condition

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
under lock and key

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Mine does, but finding bargains sometimes is tough, mine is the "flagship'' location in Dallas TX. I went by there today, they redid the place, but if you have a couple then surely one carries comics :foryou: 

They had a lot of Batman Allstar and Rebirth Jock covers in the cheapo bins, but I didn't pick any up....... I'm rambling but they usually keep the pricier comics under bins with a lid under lock and key to flip through, but at least that keeps them in better condition

Thanks. Mostly hunting for JCPenney Variants and random rarities between Copper and Modern, so hopefully I'll have some luck.

5 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks. Mostly hunting for JCPenney Variants and random rarities between Copper and Modern, so hopefully I'll have some luck.

I have seen a Conan 30 cent price variant at hpb.... some are luckier than others and can pull decent stuff, I've seen it in the antique/garage sale thread in comics general. If any of the hpb  locations are near you or convenient, it's definitely worth a shot  :foryou:

On 10/13/2017 at 11:30 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

That's a nice, measured response to a hostile, aggressive (and untrue) attack. Refreshing. 

In any event, Sandman #75 2nd is legitimately quite scarce, due to a confluence of factors at the time it came out. It's definitely an exception, like Supergirl #1 third print. 

A new blue label 9.6 white Sandman 75 second printing exists. Just an FYI. :whee:

18 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:
On 10/13/2017 at 8:30 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

That's a nice, measured response to a hostile, aggressive (and untrue) attack. Refreshing. 

In any event, Sandman #75 2nd is legitimately quite scarce, due to a confluence of factors at the time it came out. It's definitely an exception, like Supergirl #1 third print. 

A new blue label 9.6 white Sandman 75 second printing exists. Just an FYI. :whee:

And so does this one (unpressed, of course):

IMG_0070.JPG

Edited by divad

5FE8D9CA-5DB8-4FC3-B33D-6EF408B2B112.jpeg

2E4D33BD-B0A3-469E-AEF5-FDF07E83A1CD.jpeg

631533A5-F4EC-4BA6-BB46-B3DABACD95B5.jpeg

D693A244-3979-4B64-BA87-B657915DB2EC.jpeg

Been a while since I found anything worth posting here, but these are the highlights of what I've found over the last week or so. These either came from 2nC for $2 or $5 boxes at a small local "show" (aka, convention seller set up at a lcs for a day). The Danger Girl gold preview is the real winner here, as I've never seen one in person, I love the 5th print cover to that Fatale #1, that TMNT is only the second one of those I've ever come across, Heroes Con 94 has an Adam Hughes back cover with Bone which is awesome, and I've been looking for the Prophet #21 for at least a few years to no avail (although I have run across the Leifeld variant and own one, this one is much better).

Edited by BishopT

10 minutes ago, BishopT said:

5FE8D9CA-5DB8-4FC3-B33D-6EF408B2B112.jpeg

2E4D33BD-B0A3-469E-AEF5-FDF07E83A1CD.jpeg

631533A5-F4EC-4BA6-BB46-B3DABACD95B5.jpeg

D693A244-3979-4B64-BA87-B657915DB2EC.jpeg

Been a while since I found anything worth posting here, but these are the highlights of what I've found over the last week or so. These either came from 2nC for $2 or $5 boxes at a small local "show" (aka, convention seller set up at a lcs for a day). The Danger Girl gold preview is the real winner here, as I've never seen one in person, I love the 5th print cover to that Fatale #1, that TMNT is only the second one of those I've ever come across, Heroes Con 94 has an Adam Hughes back cover with Bone which is awesome, and I've been looking for the Prophet #21 for at least a few years to no avail (although I have run across the Leifeld variant and own one, this one is much better).

What's so special about Prophet 21?

4 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

What's so special about Prophet 21?

It's just a different take on the book by a new creative team, and it's been hard for me to track down. I looked into Brandon Graham's run on this because I enjoyed what he was doing with the 8house stuff a few years back. There could be more to why it's kind of hard to come by, but I don't know.