• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Pics or you are just comic teasing us.

Sorry,  not sure why my photo didn't upload at my hotel. Found this nm in the stacks for a few dollars...I couldn't tell if it was just faded from the sun but I bought it anyway.  I thought it possibly could be a pressman, but was confused by the barcode. 20190407_114326.thumb.jpg.b40f7e0573ae686231d05911c3e28d2f.jpg

Edited by Wolverinex

On 4/5/2019 at 10:28 PM, deadleg said:

These two seem to be giving me trouble. Maybe it’s my location. 

AE2127DD-ADEE-42FB-AF94-3406361C396D.jpeg

5B7EC9B3-0E33-4F13-A0FB-66DA71C4210E.jpeg

I found the second in a collection of adult books I picked up about 4 years

16 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I found the second in a collection of adult books I picked up about 4 years

4 years is a long time but I still have to ask, do you still have it? 

12 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I also found superman 75 newstand 4th prints and several marvel legends reprint comics.  Are any of those rare? 

Which legends some are rare. As RMA said the 4th print is harder to find, but not extremely rare.

Yes you found a Pressman and the bar code confused me the first time too.

21 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I also found superman 75 newstand 4th prints and several marvel legends reprint comics.  Are any of those rare? 

Hey cool!! :) Congrats!

Thanks to you and @RockMyAmadeus and @fastballspecial I now know that one edition posted above is called a "Pressman", I had to google it lol I knew the wolverine Jim Lee came with the Board game

I didn't know that the other's did too, nor that they called them "Pressman"! :foryou: 

Anyway, Thanks!

18 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
19 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Rare-ish. There's definitely a market for them, and there's certainly a market for them in very high grade.

Just so I'm clear: there's a distinct difference between the Direct 4th print Superman #75...which is really common...and the NEWSSTAND #75, which you said yours is....which is relatively  scarce.

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Wasn't there also a 4th print of the Dark Knight Returns? or some random reprint that came in an action figure pack?

Not sure that it was "Marvel Legends"..... but I was curious if it also had a "Newsstand" Barcode, or did at least have some other feature that identifies it? if you saw it out of the packaging?

Seems like I remember some thread like that back a year or so ago :shy: 

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wasn't there also a 4th print of the Dark Knight Returns? or some random reprint that came in an action figure pack?

Not sure that it was "Marvel Legends"..... but I was curious if it also had a "Newsstand" Barcode, or did at least have some other feature that identifies it? if you saw it out of the packaging?

Seems like I remember some thread like that back a year or so ago :shy: 

:sorry: I found it, but :foryou: @Wolverinexlol after reading this thread I tagged you for, we've had this discussion in this tagged thread before.... ah good times :whee: 

just because it seems that you look for this kind of thing in the wild :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Sorry,  not sure why my photo didn't upload at my hotel. Found this nm in the stacks for a few dollars...I couldn't tell if it was just faded from the sun but I bought it anyway.  I thought it possibly could be a pressman, but was confused by the barcode. 20190407_114326.thumb.jpg.b40f7e0573ae686231d05911c3e28d2f.jpg

Same only one, I have found. Congrats!!

4 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Rare-ish. There's definitely a market for them, and there's certainly a market for them in very high grade.

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Which legends some are rare. As RMA said the 4th print is harder to find, but not extremely rare.

Here are the Superman 75's  4print newsstands.. there were actually 3 copies but one has a bunch of dead bugs in the bag so I passed.  

I also know it's taboo to talk about Image newsstands but I picked up that deathblow 1 because it was a MINT comic... totally perfect. 

2019-04-07.thumb.jpg.ed62f441a3e0cc14f2c0c1544a929550.jpg

Edited by Wolverinex

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

my marvel legends were a bunch of old silver/bronze age ones that said "not for resale." I don't have access to those books tonight but will post them tomorrow. 

Edited by Wolverinex