• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Universe: Rebirth #1 Major Spoilers Leak On Reddit.

119 posts in this topic

Yes and no. The 3 Jokers pictured could be shorthand for pre-Crisis/post-Crisis/New 52 Jokers but that's not really accurate.

The New 52 Joker, starting with Detective and going through Snyder/Capullo's Death of the Family, was a more traditional looking Joker, minus the face as of the end of Detective 1.

To me, the picture shows the Endgame Joker that showed up in Annual 2 and Batman 36. There are in story reasons given as to why he looks different though.

We will have to see how long the explaining part of this drags out. Between all the reboots and magic pits there a few ways they could go with this.

So.....is the story better than Convergence so far?

Good lord yes. Rebirth is honestly one of the best comics I have read. It's a love letter for long time DC fans.

Maybe it's just because I'm a DC fan but I completely agree. One of the best comics I've read in a long time

+1

I thought it was a great read.

Yes and no. The 3 Jokers pictured could be shorthand for pre-Crisis/post-Crisis/New 52 Jokers but that's not really accurate.

The New 52 Joker, starting with Detective and going through Snyder/Capullo's Death of the Family, was a more traditional looking Joker, minus the face as of the end of Detective 1.

To me, the picture shows the Endgame Joker that showed up in Annual 2 and Batman 36. There are in story reasons given as to why he looks different though.

We will have to see how long the explaining part of this drags out. Between all the reboots and magic pits there a few ways they could go with this.

I bet they're all former Robins, sent back in time to torture Batman for casting them off in favor of newer Robins.

I bet they're all former Robins, sent back in time to torture Batman for casting them off in favor of newer Robins.

Ha! That's partly what I meant when I said this was a bad idea. If this drags out a few years I could see the Chuck Austen of 2019 telling that tale.

Ha! That's partly what I meant when I said this was a bad idea. If this drags out a few years I could see the Chuck Austen of 2019 telling that tale.

I haven't read any recent DC books, but there's enough of a history between the Joker(s) and the various Robins that I feel it's safe that someone driving the stories could have proposed this idea.

I haven't read any recent DC books, but there's enough of a history between the Joker(s) and the various Robins that I feel it's safe that someone driving the stories could have proposed this idea.

You're probably right. I can see it now.

Joker #1 is the secret Robin no one ever heard about because he died on his first mission...or did he?

Joker #2 is time displaced Cyborg Robin from the future sent back to destroy Batman before anymore pre-teens are killed or maimed.

Joker #3 is Joker-Boy, an apprentice to Joker #1.

We really need a Joker #4, Homemade-Suit-of-Armor-Scientist Joker to round out the set though.

I'm hoping Jokers Daughter doesn't make the cut for Rebirth...pretty poor character.

I hope shed does long enough for me to unload the three copies of Catwoman #23 I found in a miscellaneous long box this week. lol

I'm hoping Jokers Daughter doesn't make the cut for Rebirth...pretty poor character.

Hopefully she drags Harley Quinn with her into the abyss.

i'm no Harley fan so i'm fine with that....

I'm re-reading Batman New 52 End Game and in Chapter 3 (I think it's issue 38), Jim Gordon is doing research. It shows a picture taken in 1910 and another one in 1946 (both at Gotham Pres, Gotham's oldest hospital) and the Joker appears in the background of both pictures and his arm in a third pic.

Could End Game be a clue into who the 3 Jokers are in Rebirth? Dionysium. Joker. Three Jokers all with Dionysium that only manifests in cases of catastrophic damage. Unable to be killed? Y'all are smarter than me with this stuff so if you want to take a look at it, I'd be interested to know what you think.

Edit: Also, the next chapter seems to be where Duke and Batman forge their bond. There's a panel that shows Duke's faith in Bats and they 'knuckle up' ('knucks' for short). This is not part of the Joker question, just thought it was interesting.

So.... is Dr. Manhattan a Hold or a Sell?

(just found two in the dollar-bins)

I think it's still early to be getting rid of them (we don't really know the roles the Watchmen are playing)...but...depends on how much you can get.

So.... is Dr. Manhattan a Hold or a Sell?

(just found two in the dollar-bins)

I think it's still early to be getting rid of them (we don't really know the roles the Watchmen are playing)...but...depends on how much you can get.

I know it's comics, so anything can happen, but it's kind of a shame that Rorschach was killed.

When will we see the original Charlton heroes meet what's left of the Minutemen?

Idle curiosity, as I'm not current with any superhero moderns these days;

There was hype some time ago about the DC universe incorporating the Watchmen characters, no? Did anything ever happen with that idea?

Idle curiosity, as I'm not current with any superhero moderns these days;

There was hype some time ago about the DC universe incorporating the Watchmen characters, no? Did anything ever happen with that idea?

Dr. Manhattan is in the DC Universe Rebirth special and seems to be the one who stole 10 years of life from our superheroes going into New 52. I don't think much has been revealed with regards to that plot line on the ongoing titles, though. Granted, I'm still waiting for the TPBs on most titles.