• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Universe: Rebirth #1 Major Spoilers Leak On Reddit.

119 posts in this topic

it's "ok"

The one to hunt for IMHO is:

BEFORE WATCHMEN MINUTEMEN #6 (OF 6)

BEFORE WATCHMEN MINUTEMEN #6 (OF 6) combo pack

BEFORE WATCHMEN MINUTEMEN #6 (OF 6) 1/25 variant

This is the 1938 'Divergence event"

DC COMICS

(W/A) Darwyn Cooke, John Higgins (CA) Jordi Bernet

"You'll do what I say or I'll burn this place to the ground and kill every person you know."

Why #6 of that run? Besides Darwin (RIP) Awesomesauce Cooke?

it's "ok"

The one to hunt for IMHO is:

BEFORE WATCHMEN MINUTEMEN #6 (OF 6)

BEFORE WATCHMEN MINUTEMEN #6 (OF 6) combo pack

BEFORE WATCHMEN MINUTEMEN #6 (OF 6) 1/25 variant

This is the 1938 'Divergence event"

DC COMICS

(W/A) Darwyn Cooke, John Higgins (CA) Jordi Bernet

"You'll do what I say or I'll burn this place to the ground and kill every person you know."

Why #6 of that run? Besides Darwin (RIP) Awesomesauce Cooke?

Wouldn't 1938 event coincide with the emergence of the young jsa in rebirth

Hooded Justice stops a supermarket robbery, and inspires Hollis Mason to become the first Nite Owl.

The above is possibly the "point of divergence" between our universe and the Watchmen universe.

Geoff Johns is promising to reveal DC's "oldest" secret Wednesday May 25th at midnight in the Rebirth one shot.

As a lifelong fan of DC I just cannot wait. It's exciting. I love secrets.

As a modern comic speculator, I want to make a buck off this.

What is the secret?

I think that I figured it out.

Why is DC publishing Rebirth?

Money.

Their current line is performing poorly & it is in their best interests to get ALL of their line selling better.

This is being presented as DC's oldest secret, right?, so it cannot be older than June 1938 the publication date of Action Comics #1.

That's my start date. I start googling DC 1938 & jot down every "key" moment that pops up.

One really jumps out at me: Watchmen Divergence 1938.

There it is: The point of divergence between DC & the Watchmen Universe occurs in the year 1938 when Hollis Mason see's Hooded Justice thwart a robbery inspiring him to become the first Night Owl. This is the first event that was different from DC universe. Until that point both universes were identical. Betcha John's is going to tell us WHY they diverged. Who made them diverge? Who is actually under the Hooded Justices' hood? That's the secret.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/hooded-justice/4005-44796/

How is all this connected to Superman & Darkseid War? NO idea. But there's FCBD Divergence. Glowy Superman on the cover w Darkseid.

The KEY to any old secret: The money trail.

The Chinese market is one of the largest in the world & potentially could overtake the United States as worlds top dog.

Chinese entertainment titan: Dalian Wanda announced it was purchasing Legendary Entertainment recently for $3.5 billion. Legendary has been involved with the production of many of DC Entertainment's recent movies, including Dark Knight Trilogy & Watchmen.

New Batman comics are produced every week by DC, strengthening DW's investment.

Watchmen characters DO NOT see print weekly & one could argue DW might have an issue with that.

My opinion. Somebody definitely "suggested" that DC start publishing Watchmen comics again.

My Speculator y play:

Watchmen #1-12 are an unbelievable bargain right now.

They are thirty year old comics.

Go buy the highest grade copies you can find right now.

The "hand" on the cover of Rebirth is Dr Manhattan.

It's right there. It's ALWAYS been right there.

Blue hand. Blue energy.

Watchmen are back & part of prime DC timeline.

It ALL began in Before Watchmen Minute Men #6

My opinion. Somebody definitely "suggested" that DC start publishing Watchmen comics again.

DC has to retain the rights somehow.......

I never said they sold the rights.

Another compant has an "interest" in them is all.

Of course there's no proof that the universe Manhattan created in Before Watchmen 4 was the universe in Rebirth..could have just been a trial run...I guess that's where the 'speculation' comes in.

Of course there's no proof that the universe Manhattan created in Before Watchmen 4 was the universe in Rebirth..could have just been a trial run...I guess that's where the 'speculation' comes in.

I think it's the new 52 timeline he created.

I think it's the new 52 timeline he created.

Maybe he screwed up the timeline by borrowing time or building materials from DCU and it messed up timeline. Maybe he used Wally and thats why Barry went wild into the other universe in Flashpoint.

I never said they sold the rights.

Another compant has an "interest" in them is all.

I'm just saying that DC has to keep putting out Watchmen books to keep the rights.....

I think the contract is while Watchmen (the original story) is in print, which means spin-offs don't count.

Before Watchmen 4 Dr Manhattan is exploding on ebay

BleedingCool effect

certainly...hopefully it lasts a bit

I couldn't find this in the three LCS I hit today. Had to search the Bs for Before, Ws for Watchmen, Ds for Dr. Manhatten and M for Minutemen before I decided they were not there. :makepoint:

BleedingCool effect

I couldn't find this in the three LCS I hit today. Had to search the Bs for Before, Ws for Watchmen, Ds for Dr. Manhatten and M for Minutemen before I decided they were not there. :makepoint:

I found mine under DC Misc

BleedingCool effect

I found mine under DC Misc

rassa frassa :ohnoez:

(Thanks!)