• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,454 posts in this topic

Perhaps 2 of Kirby's greatest 50's covers...

BULLSEYE_01.jpg

BULLSEYE_05.jpg

Those are great covers...and I hope to own a run of Bullseye someday...but I am rather partial to this one. :shy:

FightingAmerican1.2.jpg

Oh, Wrightson fan, why do you torment me so with your perfect copy of FIGHTING AMERICAN #1 ???:cry:

Here are some super-nice copies of Atlas' SGT BARNEY BARKER...the Atlas answer to Sgt Bilko..great art by Severin.

Severin based the fast-talking Barker not only on Bilko, but on Stan Lee - who looks alot like the Sarge!

SGTBB_01a.jpg

SGTBB_03a.jpg

Anyone got a nice #2 ?

Psst..I am also looking for nice copies (F or better) of SAILOR SWEENEY 12-14...thanks,

Bill

Edited by AtlasFan

I discovered this interesting thread a few days ago and have read every post. I too love the obscure books from the "lost age," especially the superhero, western, war, romance, etc.

I don't own a ton of them but I'll post a few.

First up is my favorite Toth cover. The pure dynamism of the frozen leap, as well as the great colors and the pretty damsel in the window...all tough to beat.

AAW121.jpg

Fell in love with this cover the first moment I saw it. I love river scenes, and the purples and Fess Parker round out the package.

FC671.jpg