• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,400 posts in this topic

Here's a better Airboy cover and I think it is my 50th issue of Airboy yay.gif -

Congrats. How many issues are there total? One of those titles with volume/number numbering and I'm too tired to add them up. About 100?

Yes, there are 89 Airboy issues and 22 Air Fighters. At this point, I am talking about Airboy so it's 50 out of 89. I have only one Air Fighters thanks to 143ksk. All told since Airboy only shows up in Air Fighters # 2, that's 110 issues. Going to take a peak inside to see if elements are mentioned ...

A great title to pick up cheap - every time you post one it makes me want to start.

Thanks Rjpb, what's not to like: an Airboy and a Heap story along with extras like the Cataline Revolt history by Alden McWilliams cool.gif -

1810480-AirboyAugust1949AlMcWilliamsCatalineRevolt.jpg

This looks VERY cool! I love comics about lesser know historical incidents!

Won this book in the last Heritage auction and could not be happier. I have searched for a high grade copy for years and have never seen one other than Adamstrange's copy. This book graded out at 8.0 but there is not a single stress line on the spine. The only wear at all on this book is along the top edge and it is very minor. Best 8.0 I have ever seen.

Ken

mis55.jpg

Won this book in the last Heritage auction and could not be happier. I have searched for a high grade copy for years and have never seen one other than Adamstrange's copy. This book graded out at 8.0 but there is not a single stress line on the spine. The only wear at all on this book is along the top edge and it is very minor. Best 8.0 I have ever seen.

Ken

mis55.jpg

Great cover...great book...and some very good reading!

Congratulations! There were several nice MIS copies in that same auction.

Congratulations! There were several nice MIS copies in that same auction.

Adam,

You're faltering. You started this thread and I have to keep bumping it. Get on the ball and post something. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Ken

isf32.jpg

Mmmmm. Red Covers!!! cloud9.gif

And the artwork inside the #30, Food for Thought, is unbelievably good! 893whatthe.gif

Mmmmm. Red Covers!!! cloud9.gif

And the artwork inside the #30, Food for Thought, is unbelievably good! 893whatthe.gif

Yes, I was looking at that story tonight and it is amazing. Here's a book you don't see very often.

Ken

littleal10.jpg

Nothing says "love" like a good cat fight.

RomanticHearts9.jpg

Thanks. It usually takes me a long time to find what I'm looking for.

Ken

The hunt's half the fun when you find a book like this one at the end! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I bought this book several years ago from Joe Vereneault. Spokane copy with bone white pages. yay.gif

Ken

stadv9.jpg

WOW Ken! Is it as perfect as it looks? The Spokanes are awesome, and to have the Spokane of that book is doubly awesome!