• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America is WHAT

209 posts in this topic

to be fair, nobody reads captain America any more and they haven't for a long, long, long time. Since the Michael Zeck times? is that before or after Ron Lim?

uh, Brubaker!

Yup. Brubaker was highly influential in the creation of Captain America's world. His stories still reverberate even today. (But not counting this comic). Such a tremendous writer.

This was a political decision that leaked out before Memorial Day. Horrible.

Think about it.

lol if that's a joke... Because that's ridiculous.

This is simply a stunt to pull eyes away from DC. Marvel knew DC was up to something, but they didn't realize how big it was. DC won the day today.

Of course it's a stunt, gimmick...whatever you want to call it.

However, they just called Captain America a Nazi........Before memorial day. That's in really bad taste and political undertones are way too much to ignore.

I am a big fan of Steve Rogers/ Captain America from the Steve Englehart days. I pre ordered some of the Steranko variants and almost bought a copy today but did not. I am glad I didn't after reading this. I cannot believe any editor allowed this.

to be fair, nobody reads captain America any more and they haven't for a long, long, long time. Since the Michael Zeck times? is that before or after Ron Lim?

uh, Brubaker!

Yup. Brubaker was highly influential in the creation of Captain America's world. His stories still reverberate even today. (But not counting this comic). Such a tremendous writer.

got me, forgot about brubaker. that's good stuff.

So after watching "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" he gets the idea that Cap should have also been a Hydra agent?!?!?!?

It's sad he's copying an idea that has already been done. (Shield was really Hydra....) But making it Cap seems lazy and typical Marvel shock to get hype. Bad press is good press.... :facepalm:

Its just a lame attempt to boost sales.

Try writing good stories. Brubaker did the job right.

Brubaker's run was fantastic, I just reread the 1950's psycho Cap arc again last week. And not many writers would have been able to pull off touching the 3rd rail of comic deaths and bring back Bucky, and do it right

Welp i guess theres only superman left as a true american hero....hope spencer doesnt transfer to dc.....

DC already messed up Superman, just now getting around to fixing him with Superman: Lois and Clark and the "Final Days of Superman" storyline. So of course Marvel has to go and screw around with Cap.

Captain America and Superman have been the moral compass for both respective companies for almost a century. Leave them alone!

Welp i guess theres only superman left as a true american hero....hope spencer doesnt transfer to dc.....

DC already messed up Superman, just now getting around to fixing him with Superman: Lois and Clark and the "Final Days of Superman" storyline. So of course Marvel has to go and screw around with Cap.

Captain America and Superman have been the moral compass for both respective companies for almost a century. Leave them alone! [/quote]

This is why both of these characters are my fav and also why I shake my head whenever things like this happen. Tell good stories and you'll keep a strong reader base. If your draw is random off the wall other dimension stuff that has no effect on continuity then its a waste of time for both the creators and readers.

So after watching "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" he gets the idea that Cap should have also been a Hydra agent?!?!?!?

It's sad he's copying an idea that has already been done. (Shield was really Hydra....) But making it Cap seems lazy and typical Marvel shock to get hype. Bad press is good press.... :facepalm:

The Creative Committee decided it was either that or this:

http://steverogersorbust.tumblr.com/post/144867636383/givecaptainamericaaboyfriend-andmakeitsamwilson

:roflmao:

The Creative Committee decided it was either that or this:

http://steverogersorbust.tumblr.com/post/144867636383/givecaptainamericaaboyfriend-andmakeitsamwilson

:roflmao:

Bahahahahahaha!!!!! I can hear billions of American heads exploding as they read this!!! lol! With all the transgender and gay marriage debates this would have been frikkin hilarious!!!

That being said, NEVER DO THIS TO A CHARACTER THAT HAS EXIATED FOR 75YRS!!!!

It just doesn't make sense.

But seriously... hilarious.

http://mashable.com/2016/05/25/captain-america-hydra/#M1ItkYd3.aqZ

" In their release Marvel wrote: "This seemingly standard Captain America title will reveal that Steve Rogers will be, and always has been, a member of Hydra and will now be presented as the most covert undercover operative of the Marvel Universe who is trying to take it down from within."

What is the "it" that Capt. America is trying to take down from within?

Is "it" Hydra?

So is Cap a double-agent planted into Hydra "to take it down from within"??

???

Pretty messed up twist in my opinion

Warning Spoiler for Captain America #1 out today 5/25/2016

Captain America is WHAT

Dude, I'm just gonna say this once: If you think this is true and actually sticks around for years to come, you're crazy. This is just another "*yawn* moment" storyline.

My response exactly. No long term status quo change here. Enjoy the ride.