• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America is WHAT

209 posts in this topic

Nick Spencer is a hardcore left political hack, not a writer. And his politics pervade everything he writes.

The idea that a white male who believes in the idea of America could be anything other than a Nazi is pretty much the logical extension of his politics.

This is a low-rent version of Superior Spider-Man, with half as much creativity, done to get twice the shock value & will be less than 10% as interesting a new dynamic when the telegraphed "reverse twist" kicks in in about 3 more issues or so.

Nick Spencer is a hardcore left political hack, not a writer. And his politics pervade everything he writes.

The idea that a white male who believes in the idea of America could be anything other than a Nazi is pretty much the logical extension of his politics.

This is a low-rent version of Superior Spider-Man, with half as much creativity, done to get twice the shock value & will be less than 10% as interesting a new dynamic when the telegraphed "reverse twist" kicks in in about 3 more issues or so.

Yep, total BS.

The blatant bias and political BS that is going on is only as despicable as it is predictable from folks like that.

:mad:

Why bring politics into it? :shrug:

Let's just all agree we don't trust Nick Spencer with comic writing.

Why bring politics into it? :shrug:

Let's just all agree we don't trust Nick Spencer with comic writing.

+1 :golfclap:

.... I want start poking a finger into eyes of the Right so bad. lol

I almost never post "back in my day, get off my lawn" type stuff. But I am going to make an exception. Cap represents everything that is good and honorable. With a very few exceptions, he has always been a shining example of what we should all strive to be, defenders of the weak, pursuers of justice, and standard bearers of leadership and self-sacrifice. Cap, as a character and a Marvel property, honestly, should be above the cheesy shock retcon game. A Hydra agent - :P

Nick Spencer can suck it.

agree 100%...he should spend all his time raging on twitter and leave comical icons alone

I just hate it so much.. the whole issue alienates 50% of the country.. i dont want to get too political and I am not a trump supporter but calling him a Nazi and anyone who thinks some of the things he says is a Nazi is just crazy

I feel honored he banned me from his twitter feed.

Spencer is a fascist/totalitarian...and causes me to skip every book he is attached to. Surely Marvel management recognizes how divisive this guy is, don't they ? THE most closed minded person in politics is a Marvel lead writer. Congrats to them :screwy:

Spencer is a fascist/totalitarian...and causes me to skip every book he is attached to. Surely Marvel management recognizes how divisive this guy is, don't they ? THE most closed minded person in politics is a Marvel lead writer. Congrats to them :screwy:

So now he's both a leftist and on the extreme right?

I've never read anything he's written, but that takes some skill.

+1 FTW :sumo: