• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America is WHAT

209 posts in this topic

Spencer getting death threats now....though as off the wall crazy he seems to be i'd have to verify the authenticity of the threats.

I'd almost guarantee it happened. I mean... it's Internet.

As much as that db shoots off his mouth, I'm surprised it took this long lol

Is this how Marvel is trying to steal heat from DC this week?

lol.

It takes months and months of planning (figuring the story has to be written, illustrated then printed), so I'm not sure if it's specific to the actual week as a pointed effort, but the way comic book are today, they're the very fairy tales they were designed to be, but unfortunately the continuity is supported and destroyed by each creative team deciding to do and undo history as well as re-write it with legacy characters rather than creating their own new characters with their own foundations and stories to tell.

The whole transformations from heterosexual to homosexual; reimagining super hero characters with ethnic identities; good guys becoming bad guys n' villains turning heroes; and resurrections from death make it less interesting to stay loyal to comics and feel that any story has dramatic impact knowing how unstable the continuity is, almost like theses so-called "event" epic storylines they crank out each year are just yet another tale of "the boy who cried wolf"

It might be entertaining nonetheless, as today's generation of readers might have that short attention span and need for immediate gratification, and not into comics for the long term.

Is this how Marvel is trying to steal heat from DC this week?

lol.

It takes months and months of planning (figuring the story has to be written, illustrated then printed), so I'm not sure if it's specific to the actual week as a pointed effort, but the way comic book are today, they're the very fairy tales they were designed to be, but unfortunately the continuity is supported and destroyed by each creative team deciding to do and undo history as well as re-write it with legacy characters rather than creating their own new characters with their own foundations and stories to tell.

The whole transformations from heterosexual to homosexual; reimagining super hero characters with ethnic identities; good guys becoming bad guys n' villains turning heroes; and resurrections from death make it less interesting to stay loyal to comics and feel that any story has dramatic impact knowing how unstable the continuity is, almost like theses so-called "event" epic storylines they crank out each year are just yet another tale of "the boy who cried wolf"

It might be entertaining nonetheless, as today's generation of readers might have that short attention span and need for immediate gratification, and not into comics for the long term.

I'm down to a bare minimum of Marvel titles: Moon Knight, Punisher and Deadpool. I'm giving Marvel as little of my money as possible

So what does everyone think? Will they reveal that he's a "triple agent" only pretending to by Hydra next issue, or will they stretch it out before they wash this away and go back to normal?

I think triple-agent is even a lazier resolution than "cosmic cube" or "mind control" or whatever. But I don't give it any more than 4 issues before it's "resolved" in some way. But probably next issue they'll walk it back & this will be seen as the lazy shock PR stunt that it was (and again prove to me that Nick Spencer couldn't write his way out of a wet paper bag without resorting to shock tactics to get anyone to even notice his name on the cover)

Nick Spencer wrote (writes) Morning Glories correct?

I hated Morning Glories with a passion. Each issue ended with a "shocker" just for the sake of being a shock. Nothing ended up making sense. The entire thing jumped the shark by issue 6.

Someone needs to be fired for this lame publicity stunt.

Jerome

Crossing my fingers that it's Nick Spencer and whatever insufficiently_thoughtful_person editor signed off on this.

And somebody tell Brevvort that he was more useful when he was just fact-checking the books as the kinda-sorta continuity cop & being the guy that would say no to ideas that directly violated at least relatively important story arcs of the past.

So what does everyone think? Will they reveal that he's a "triple agent" only pretending to by Hydra next issue, or will they stretch it out before they wash this away and go back to normal?

I think the plan is to stretch it out. I read somewhere that this is a point where the readers will know something the other characters in continuity don't. So, while Cap is fighting along side other superheroes who all assume he's still fighting for all that's good in the ol' US of A, we as readers will know differently.

I think the plan is to stretch it out. I read somewhere that this is a point where the readers will know something the other characters in continuity don't. So, while Cap is fighting along side other superheroes who all assume he's still fighting for all that's good in the ol' US of A, we as readers will know differently.

You're probably right. Ugh.

They get an "A" for attention grabbing and publicity whoring at all costs.

They get an "F" for attention grabbing and publicity whoring at all costs.