• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WBN 32 9.6 WP on Comic Link sells for $8700.00!!

63 posts in this topic

A fool and his money....Only a speculator/investor would pay that much for this book now - a collector would've bought a slabbed copy for their collection years ago.

What if they just started serious collecting this year? hm

Jim

A fool and his money....Only a speculator/investor would pay that much for this book now - a collector would've bought a slabbed copy for their collection years ago.

Jim

I'd say they should expect to take a serious bath down the road. :tonofbricks:

Jim

its entirely possible that if you can drop $8700 for a 9.6 WWBN 32 that you do not give any effs about taking a bath or shower down the road.

Jim

its entirely possible that if you can drop $8700 for a 9.6 WWBN 32 that you do not give any effs about taking a bath or shower down the road.

Rich people don't stay rich by throwing away money. (shrug)

Jim

Rich people don't stay rich by throwing away money. (shrug)

Wall art at a start up in sf, nyx, or Austin

Last 9.8 on GPA sold for $14.5k so if someone gets a grade bump on the 9.6 they could make $5k profit even after paying $8,600.

What's much crazier for me is the J.I.M. #102 9.4 that sold for almost $9,000 on Heritage recently. That makes the last 3 sales in GPA - $911, $790, $8,963 !

Even the last 9.6 only sold for $2,629.

Someone presumably paid this because it's the 1st appearance of Hela, who they heard is in the new Thor film.

I've always liked #102 but that is insane......

Last 9.8 on GPA sold for $14.5k so if someone gets a grade bump on the 9.6 they could make $5k profit even after paying $8,600.

Is the 9.8 copy the highest graded copy out there for this book or is there a 9.9 out there somewhere? hm

What's much crazier for me is the J.I.M. #102 9.4 that sold for almost $9,000 on Heritage recently. That makes the last 3 sales in GPA - $911, $790, $8,963 !

Even the last 9.6 only sold for $2,629.

Someone presumably paid this because it's the 1st appearance of Hela, who they heard is in the new Thor film.

I've always liked #102 but that is insane......

The GPA sale at $14,500 is not the only high profile sale of this book. I'm not certain why, but GPA is missing the ComicConnect sale which sold for $15,000. Last summer a 9.8 copy sold for $7,000 and in a private transaction, another copy sold for $10,000 also during 2015.

Wonder why this hasn't shown up in GPA yet. Looks like the last 9.4 and 9.2 set a new high as well.

Very hot book!

What was the high for the 9.2?

And the 9.4?

The 9.2 sold for $2,000 on May 5th and the 9.4 sold for $3,130 on May 3rd

:o

Wonder why this hasn't shown up in GPA yet. Looks like the last 9.4 and 9.2 set a new high as well.

Very hot book!

And the 9.4?

:o For those prices I may sell,naw. I love MK too much to sell.

Very hot book!

And the 9.4?

:o For those prices I may sell,naw. I love MK too much to sell.

Good lord.. Me too. I have a sweet 9.2 undercopy signed by both Milgrom and Perlin... I also need new floors.. lol. Choices, choices....