• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended Rebirth Issues and Thoughts on the Relaunch and Each Title

317 posts in this topic

Detective is my favorite so far

Aquaman is still solid

Wonder Woman good

Superwoman I am liking

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey - on the fence on this, will finish first story arc

Batgirl - see above

Cyborg - thought the Rebirth issue was a little disjointed, will give it a few issues

Supergirl - did not like the Rebirth issue, haven't read issue #1 yet (will this weekend)

Detective 940 is a powerful read. I loved it but it's definitely going to be....divisive.

I think TEC is the best re-launch. It had me from the first issue and hasn't let go.

Totally agreed. Detective Comics is the best book since rebirth launched.

I'd follow that up with Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Batman. Though Batman had a huge payoff to its arc and King is obviously playing the long game with Gotham Girl, so in the short term it's not that great, in the long run it may end up being the best.

I was literally pretty much about to say exactly what you did...except im behind on batman.

Detective Comics is sooo good. Like I bought the issues in bulk and I thought I was cought up on my pile...then I saw the next issue lying around and got really excited about it. I cant remember the last time I actually got that excited about reading a comic ....maybe Snyder and capullos run

Of the Rebirth stuff that I'm reading I'd rate them this way...

1. Detective Comics. I haven't read the much hyped 940 yet. Should have it early next week. I've enjoyed 934-939 though.

2. All-Star Batman. Based only on the first issue. Again should have #2 early next week. Despite JrJr I think I'm going to like this a lot (and he is only on for the first arc anyhow). It may go up to #1 once more issues are released. Snyder takes big chances. Sometimes it pays off big like with Court of Owls. Other times not so much like with Bloom.

3. Batman. The first six issues were ok but I had higher expectations. Not what I would have led with. The upcoming story arc (after Night of the Monster Men (bleh)) with Bane and Psycho Pirate sounds much more interesting. Starting with issue 9 we're supposed to start finding out more about what was going on in DC Rebirth. That will be interesting. TLDR...slow start but I think it'll be good.

4. Nightwing. First arc was decent. I'm not gaga over it like a lot of people seem to be. Almost seemed like the Owls had to be insufficiently_thoughtful_persons not to realize they were going to be betrayed. Raptor is a somewhat interesting character.

5. Suicide Squad. Seems like a promising start. Enjoying the art of course.

6. Deathstroke. Eh, it's ok. First arc runs up through issue 8. Not sure I'll stick around after that.

7. Batgirl. Nerdist just gave this a great review. I'm not digging it. May be one arc and done for me.

Edited by Batverse

Superman was like a blast from the 50s 60s...just a fun read from beginning to end.

Totally agree with that, great mix of classic and new that really worked, I've been picking up books as they come out but I'm a bit behind on my reading.Hal Jordan is next on the list

Superman was like a blast from the 50s 60s...just a fun read from beginning to end.

Totally agree with that, great mix of classic and new that really worked, I've been picking up books as they come out but I'm a bit behind on my reading.Hal Jordan is next on the list

The Hal Jordan book starts off with some complicated stuff for new readers, I had to get my buddy who is a GL fanatic to give me a run down. I don't even understand it all.

Rebirth #1s and Ongoing #1s are selling well this weekend at the Edmonton Expo from $6 - $8 for regular #1s, and $10 - $15 (Bermejo SS #1) for the variant covers. The Rebirth one-shot is selling for $15 as well.

The Hal Jordan book starts off with some complicated stuff for new readers, I had to get my buddy who is a GL fanatic to give me a run down. I don't even understand it all.

Ha that's fine with me as I'm fairly familiar with most of the GL mythos, really looking forward to it after seeing that cool Sinestro cover

Rebirth #1s and Ongoing #1s are selling well this weekend at the Edmonton Expo from $6 - $8 for regular #1s, and $10 - $15 (Bermejo SS #1) for the variant covers. The Rebirth one-shot is selling for $15 as well.

I wish they were moving like that on the bay.