• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended Rebirth Issues and Thoughts on the Relaunch and Each Title

317 posts in this topic

Dc has been superior to Marvel IMO for a looooong time, for a plethora of reasons. The only thing I actually buy from Marvel really is the SW books, and only the 3 main titles at that. Besides just completing the Haunted Mansion run not much else comes in to my boxes from them......uggh

Has anyone read Deathstroke? Wondering how that is. Really looking forward to Teen Titans also.

For me, all the Batfam books are at least getting a try through the first arcs. 'Tec, Red Hood and Nightwing are my favorites at this point. I've dropped behind on the main Batman book -- that first issue was a bit dopey.

would like some updates on JSA, LSH and Super Sons...

I thought I read Super Sons and maybe some other titles were pushed back to 2017 because they didn't want to overwhelm the market with too many new books at once.

would like some updates on JSA, LSH and Super Sons...

I thought I read Super Sons and maybe some other titles were pushed back to 2017 because they didn't want to overwhelm the market with too many new books at once.

:signfunny: They are constantly overwhelming the market with new books, just look at the Rebirth launch and that every week a new title is coming out.

yeah I guess they'd have to finish the arc with Jon where they figure out why his powers sputter out before he gets sent on missions.

I've noticed a lot of the prices have dipped even for Batman 1. I think Rebirth are comics you need to just be patient with and not blowout for 50% of cover. Should be at least a few titles that will garner more heat as time goes on. I'm in for the first 5 issues of all of them anyways.

Edited by krighton

I'm reading Batman, All-Star Batman, Detective Comics, Nightwing, Batgirl, Deathstroke and Suicide Squad. For me this is combination enjoyment/investment. I've been able to pick up all of the Batman variants so far aside from the Kitson covers. I should be able to get those after WW Chicago this weekend. One seller has them up already for $60 each. Ummm no thanks. Well I'm still waiting on my color copy Jae Lee cover too. I ordered it from Midtown and it is supposed to come out on August 31. I should have bought it directly from Dynamic Forces. I picked up the sketch cover there and have it already. I picked up some Harley Quinn variants and a few All-Star Batman and Suicide Squad variants.

Anyway, on to the stories themselves...

Batman. I think the choice of subject material for the first arc was a bit risky and I'm not sure that the payoff is going to be there. I thought the same thing with Court of Owls and was proven wrong though so hopefully I will be again.

All-Star Batman. Only 1 issue in but I love it so far.

Detective Comics. I like it so far. Not stellar but good.

Nightwing. Eh, not sure yet on this one.

Batgirl. I may drop it. Pretty weak in my opinion.

Deathstroke. Only read the Rebirth issue so far. It seemed ok.

Suicide Squad. Don't have it yet.

I did read the first issue of Harley Quinn. As expected it is not for me.

On the Marvel side of things I'm currently down to Civil War II and Invincible Iron Man. I was reading All New All Different Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man but dropped them. Spider-Man actually wasn't terrible but I felt the other two were pretty bad.

I'm also reading Darth Vader which is sadly almost done. I still find that decision puzzling. I also read the main Star Wars title which has been consistently not as good as DV in my opinion. And I'm reading the Han Solo mini-series. It's decent so far. I'm surprised he isn't getting his own monthly. I would think if any character in SW would get a monthly it would be him.

Edited by Batverse

yeah I guess they'd have to finish the arc with Jon where they figure out why his powers sputter out before he gets sent on missions.

I've noticed a lot of the prices have dipped even for Batman 1. I think Rebirth are comics you need to just be patient with and not blowout for 50% of cover. Should be at least a few titles that will garner more heat as time goes on. I'm in for the first 5 issues of all of them anyways.

I'm going first 10 for all. Then dropping a few.

I'm definitely keeping

batman

Detective Comics

Superman

Action Comics

The Flash

and Wonder Woman is on the fence

I will be picking up Titans, Aquaman and Green Arrow selectively.

For sure, after the first 5, i'll be sticking with

All Star/Batman

Detective

Superman

Action

Flash

Titans

New Superman

Superwoman

that's about $30 a week just with DC...if the prices don't go up though if they do they'll probably go monthly

Edited by krighton

DC

Action

Aquaman

All Star Batman

Batman

Detective

Flash

Green Arrow

Green Lantern

Hal Jordan and the GL Corps

Hellblazer

Justice League

SS

Superman

Superwoman

Titans

Wonder Woman

Nightwing & Deathstroke I have but not read yet. I HATE the new hipster batgirl. There was no reason for her to exist. I tried Harley Quinn, but I found that book too much like that Deadpool humor. Its not a book for me or written for me. Purchased Supergirl #1 but I feel disappoin ted as it follows the tv show. And NO upskirts! BIG downer!

I anxiously await the return of the real PRE-CRISIS JSA, real Shazam family, and real LSH. REAL Freedom Figthers & REAL OMAC & REAL KAMANDI would be nice too!

Edited by Master_P

DC:

Batman - excellent so I'll be picking up the next arc

Flash - started off very good but lost me in the last 2 issues

Titans - enjoyed the one-shot and #1, haven't read the others yet

Superman / New Super-Man - was never a Supes fan and the new books confirm that

Marvel:

Moon Knight - The best Marvel series in a very long time. I look forward to each new issue the way I do for Walking Dead and it goes right to the top of the reading pile

The Vision - Very close runner up to Moon Knight for the best series, but is ending in 2 issues

Dark Horse:

Lady Killer - Oh yeahhhh Josie is back!!!

I've been picking up Batman/Detective, Superman/Action, Wonder Woman, Red Hood, Green Arrow and Justice League. I also picked up Superwoman and Nightwing but I've only read the Wonder Woman issues so far... :facepalm:

Every Sunday since June I've told myself that I'll catch up and then make the decision what to drop and stick with. Annnnnnd I don't.

This did get me back into buying "new" issues for the first time in over a decade and now I have a pull list at my LCS for first time, saves me 10%.

I like the Wonder Woman story so far, this is the first origin story of hers I've read and I've really only read a few WW issues previously. At first I wasn't sure about how the two storylines being published together would work, but it looks like they are becoming more connected and the art work is beautiful.