• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"The Greatest" Muhammad Ali R.I.P.

31 posts in this topic

Sad news to wake up to - The Greatest of all time!

12936674_679074132231689_1955552016457985277_n1_zpsye70g2m6.jpg

Muhammad Ali, simply 'The Greatest,' dead at 74

Muhammad Ali, the eloquent, colorful, controversial and brilliant three-time heavyweight boxing champion who was known as much for his social conscience and staunch opposition to the Vietnam War as for his dazzling boxing skills, died Friday.

Ali, who had a long battle with Parkinson's disease, was taken to a Phoenix area hospital earlier this week where he was being treated for a respiratory issue. He was 74.

Once the most outrageous trash talker in sports, he was largely muted for the last quarter century of his life, quieted by a battle with Parkinson's.

Read more

He was my first hero. Born in 1966, this little white boy was introduced to the world of racist insufficiently_thoughtful_persons and those who stand tall by watching Ali's fight his Vietnam induction. I remember my father telling me that this man was being treated unfairly.

He was so much more than a boxer.

R.I.P..

Words don't begin to describe what an influential person Ali was, even if you didn't agree with his positions and stances.

He is undoubtedly one of the most important people of the last 40 years and it's a shame that people under 40 (for the most part) have no idea who he is.

Just an incredible athlete and person.

33ymb5v.jpg

Next to reading and collecting comic books in the seventies,

I loved watching Ali and his performances inside and outside of the squared circle.

He was a brilliant showman and more then that one of the most influential people of an era.

R.I.P Muhammad Ali.

RIP to the Greatest Boxer. I remembered had watched him boxing a few times on TV many years ago. He had since gone retired in quiet, he was one of the few who don't want fame or any. :angel: