• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am I wrong on this one? sold a book here in the FS forum.

533 posts in this topic

think.... Aerosmith singer + Los Angeles football team.

:D

List updated. (thumbs u

Actually, no need to update...he was already on there lol

(according to my notes, it's because at some point I observed him backing out of a purchase because he couldn't get a retroactive discount on a 'take it'...i.e., he took a book in a sales thread, then later the seller posted a thread discount, and he wanted it retroactively, etc.)

I don't really follow the HoS and PL discussions but can this 'buyer' be nominated ?

Not according to the current criteria..... returns and complaints are allowed. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I can vouch Alton is a top notch guy.

But to me, this situation goes beyond just a nice guy giving in to the number one scam perpetrated on eBay.

With four incidents, there's clearly a fact pattern here, and quite frankly, even if he hasn't pulled this stunt on others, it's enough to nominate this guy to the probie list.

If the guy has the nerve and knack to pull this stunt here, I have to think he's running a clinic on eBay with it.

I personally would want to know who this guy is here and on eBay to block and avoid him completely.

think.... Aerosmith singer + Los Angeles football team.

:D

List updated. (thumbs u

Actually, no need to update...he was already on there lol

(according to my notes, it's because at some point I observed him backing out of a purchase because he couldn't get a retroactive discount on a 'take it'...i.e., he took a book in a sales thread, then later the seller posted a thread discount, and he wanted it retroactively, etc.)

WOW! did not know this, that is ballsy.

I don't really follow the HoS and PL discussions but can this 'buyer' be nominated ?

Not according to the current criteria..... returns and complaints are allowed. GOD BLESS...

With all due respect, as I mentioned, partial refunds are the biggest scam on eBay. It is a distant cousin to extortion, because when a seller offers to refund the buyers total amount, it should end there.

Partial refunds subvert the spirit and tradition of the refund process, and in nearly every instance I've either read about or experienced personally, the buyer is trying their hand at injuring the seller for the cheap thrill of forcing an unwarranted discount, never the other way around.

The current criteria to nominate should be revised to reflect what partial refunds really are - a scam!

With all due respect, as I mentioned, partial refunds is the biggest scam on eBay. It is a distant cousin of extortion, because when a seller offers to refund the buyers total amount, it should end there.

Partial refunds subvert the spirit and tradition of the refund process, and in nearly every instance I've either read about or experienced personally, the buyer is trying their hand at injuring the seller for the cheap thrill of forcing an unwarranted discount, never the other way around.

The current criteria to nominate should be resived to reflect what partial refunds really are - a scam!

(thumbs u