• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am I wrong on this one? sold a book here in the FS forum.

533 posts in this topic

Just a quick 'thedude' story.

I posted some pics of my basement a year or two ago where I had my toys/comics, wrestling memorabilia etc. A few people commented, cool beans! However I get a pm from someone telling me they have an original 8X10 Hulk Hogan autographed picture and if I want it, just send them money for shipping. It was Alton, and it proudly hangs on the wall into my basement to this day. I'd never talked to the guy before that, just outta the blue!

In case we needed any more proof this is just a good guy!

Jay

In future sales threads you should have a bullet point like this:

- I reserve the right to sell to you whether you are on a probation list or not.

I had that in my sales thread, but I thought it would be different this time around since it was a CGC graded book, which I stated "no refunds on CGC graded books" but I'm not gonna hold him to that since that's the kind of guy I am, honest, respectable.

Alton, I assume no microchamber paper was showing in the scans?

well, it's weird, it doesn't show from the front scan, which is probably an old scan from when I first got the book. so I guess that's my fault. but you can see it a little from the back scan.

here are the scans.

Action63fvf_zpsgywyovca.jpg

Action63fvfbc_zpsvv0xjayz.jpg

So if this is the scan you showed, the buyer knew exactly what he was getting.

What a terrific book. I'd be thrilled to just have one.

I don't think the complaint is warranted if this is the scan you showed.

Microchamber paper showing is well within the allowable defects for a FNVF book.

I wouldn't even call it a defect since it's not actually a part of the book :shrug:

yes, I agree, plus if it bothers someone that bad, you can have it reholderd which I offered him the $15, for the reholder fee, but he didn't want to be "hassled with sending it in to CGC", so we settled on full refund then.

- I reserve the right to sell to you whether you are on a probation list or not.

I had that in my sales thread, but I thought it would be different this time around since it was a CGC graded book, which I stated "no refunds on CGC graded books" but I'm not gonna hold him to that since that's the kind of guy I am, honest, respectable.

well, it's weird, it doesn't show from the front scan, which is probably an old scan from when I first got the book. so I guess that's my fault. but you can see it a little from the back scan.

here are the scans.

thanks Roy, yes these are the EXACT scans that were (are still) in my last FS thread.

I dealt with some goof on EBay/CAF boards and sold him a page at a very fair price. Sure enough he came back to me with some lame excuse about a crease on the OA page and wanted a 50% reduction in price or for me to send him a refund. I told him to go pound sand and just send me back the page and I would refund him, probably auction it off myself and make more money [basically called his bluff].

Of course he decided against doing that but still tried to get a partial refund. :facepalm: After that he emailed me a few times access to remove the page from my CAF profile but I don't think I'm going to bother unless another 50% more. :mad:

Long story short, there are too many asshats in this world.

Just a quick 'thedude' story.

I posted some pics of my basement a year or two ago where I had my toys/comics, wrestling memorabilia etc. A few people commented, cool beans! However I get a pm from someone telling me they have an original 8X10 Hulk Hogan autographed picture and if I want it, just send them money for shipping. It was Alton, and it proudly hangs on the wall into my basement to this day. I'd never talked to the guy before that, just outta the blue!

In case we needed any more proof this is just a good guy!

Jay

thanks man. (thumbs u

I don't really follow the HoS and PL discussions but can this 'buyer' be nominated ?

Not according to the current criteria..... returns and complaints are allowed. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

With all due respect, as I mentioned, partial refunds is the biggest scam on eBay. It is a distant cousin of extortion, because when a seller offers to refund the buyers total amount, it should end there.

Partial refunds subvert the spirit and tradition of the refund process, and in nearly every instance I've either read about or experienced personally, the buyer is trying their hand at injuring the seller for the cheap thrill of forcing an unwarranted discount, never the other way around.

The current criteria to nominate should be resived to reflect what partial refunds really are - a scam!

(thumbs u

All due respect, that's complete garbage. I ask for partial refunds all the time as one option, the other always being a full return, and it's always warranted. I asked for one yesterday because an Avengers 4 I had purchased was missing the centerfold. I asked for half back, or offered to return it. He chose the former. Nothing scammy about it.

That said, anyone asking for a partial refund because micrichamber paper was sticking out deserves a punch in the face.

It's not complete garbage. I'm not saying there's no situation that warrants a partial refund, but Ebayers are in fact abusing the system to get partial refunds for stuff.

To expand on this, in the statue community I've witnessed conversations between collectors bragging about how much money they save nitpicking pieces to death to get partial refunds, knowing full well that hand-painted objects are never perfect. They don't take full refunds because they actually want the thing, they just want $50-$100 off because why not, and all this is done under threat of charge backs and negative feedback.

So it absolutely is an issue, and I bet the numbnutz in this case does it routinely on Ebay as well.

here are the scans.

And it's in the old case !!!! Bonus ....

The opposite of this story is when John Verzyl went to buy the Marvel Comics #1 Church copy.

He looked over the entire book trying to find a flaw on the book to lower the asking price and he couldn't find one so he agreed to pay full asking price.

I don't really follow the HoS and PL discussions but can this 'buyer' be nominated ?

Not according to the current criteria..... returns and complaints are allowed. GOD BLESS...

With all due respect, as I mentioned, partial refunds is the biggest scam on eBay. It is a distant cousin of extortion, because when a seller offers to refund the buyers total amount, it should end there.

Partial refunds subvert the spirit and tradition of the refund process, and in nearly every instance I've either read about or experienced personally, the buyer is trying their hand at injuring the seller for the cheap thrill of forcing an unwarranted discount, never the other way around.

The current criteria to nominate should be resived to reflect what partial refunds really are - a scam!

(thumbs u

All due respect, that's complete garbage. I ask for partial refunds all the time as one option, the other always being a full return, and it's always warranted. I asked for one yesterday because an Avengers 4 I had purchased was missing the centerfold. I asked for half back, or offered to return it. He chose the former. Nothing scammy about it.

That said, anyone asking for a partial refund because micrichamber paper was sticking out deserves a punch in the face.

It's not complete garbage. I'm not saying there's no situation that warrants a partial refund, but Ebayers are in fact abusing the system to get partial refunds for stuff.

To expand on this, in the statue community I've witnessed conversations between collectors bragging about how much money they save nitpicking pieces to death to get partial refunds, knowing full well that hand-painted objects are never perfect. They don't take full refunds because they actually want the thing, they just want $50-$100 off because why not, and all this is done under threat of charge backs and negative feedback.

So it absolutely is an issue, and I bet the numbnutz in this case does it routinely on Ebay as well.

that sounds horrible, can't believe people behave this way.

The opposite of this story is when John Verzyl went to buy the Marvel Comics #1 Church copy.

He looked over the entire book trying to find a flaw on the book to lower the asking price and he couldn't find one so he agreed to pay full asking price.

why can't I get those buyers?! lol

(thumbs u

Alton, it's rampant in the vintage Star Wars toy community.

(thumbs u

Alton, it's rampant in the vintage Star Wars toy community.

I believe you, as not many know that community as well as you do. I don't sell a whole lot of Star Wars stuff, although I do buy plenty of it, only first movie Kenner items though. LOVE that stuff. as you know. :grin:

This is the one problem I have with the board selling. The buyer should be outed, given that s/he has an obvious pattern (as others have mentioned it is similar to GI Joe) but there is no place to really do that. We can't leave negative comments, so I wonder how many other boardies have had the same thing happened to them and they have no idea that this person is doing it to others as well.

Yes . Please name the boardie!

Read the entire thread. Have the name and he is on my list as well lol

The buyer is behaving like a complete person_too_unaware_of_social_graces. Microchamber paper is never a reason to complain, request a refund, or even say anything. It's either visible in the photos, or it slipped out during shipping. It doesn't affect the comic in any way, and unless you're planning to display the slab in a museum, who cares if there's some white sticking out? (And if you do care, double-check the images before purchase.) Jeez louise, that's so obnoxious it's not even funny.

I'm glad you outed him. He is just trying to get refunds to nickel and dime sellers. Chintzy. If he has to needle people to get a few bucks back illegitimately, he shouldn't be buying at all. He clearly can't afford it.

I never claimed it wasn't an issue. It was the "almost always" part I didn't agree with. I have asked for partial refunds dozens of times for legit reasons. I buy a lot on eBay, and it's in everyone's best interests (sellers included) if I don't return every horribly over graded, restored, or incomplete book I end up recieving.

The shoe has been on the other foot a handful of times and I have always opted for the partial refund when someone discovers a problem I missed. Saves me some money and hassle and the buyer end up happier than with a straight return. As long as they provide proof (and I am not talking about the nonsense going on in the present case) I am fine with it.

If I let a minority of scumbags ruin things for me, I wouldn't have any hobbies left.

think.... Aerosmith singer + Los Angeles football team.

:D

List updated. (thumbs u

Actually, no need to update...he was already on there lol

(according to my notes, it's because at some point I observed him backing out of a purchase because he couldn't get a retroactive discount on a 'take it'...i.e., he took a book in a sales thread, then later the seller posted a thread discount, and he wanted it retroactively, etc.)

Me too! Already had him on ignore. :banana:

think.... Aerosmith singer + Los Angeles football team.

:D

List updated. (thumbs u

Actually, no need to update...he was already on there lol

(according to my notes, it's because at some point I observed him backing out of a purchase because he couldn't get a retroactive discount on a 'take it'...i.e., he took a book in a sales thread, then later the seller posted a thread discount, and he wanted it retroactively, etc.)

Me too! Already had him on ignore. :banana:

wow, had no idea, I thought he was just a problem with me.

I've only done 4 transactions with this boardie and each time, he's had an issue and wants partial refund, this time was a CGC graded book, so I thought, "what could go wrong? it's right there on the label, he knows what book he is buying",

Do me a solid, provide me the boardie name so that I know never to deal with him.

Of course, you might have revealed his name somewhere else in this 10 page thread, I just don't have the patience at the moment to read 10 pages of remarks lol

Hey, wait---is this thread this weeks "Friday thread?"