• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Amazing 60th Birthday Present - 40 sketches

29 posts in this topic

I had a great birthday this past week. Three parties and a final lunch. All my siblings, my children, my nieces and nephews, and most spouses made it in and participated for all or part of the weekend.

I received two wonderful individual pieces of art from Kathy, my wife, that I'll post in a little bit. Today, I want to start with the sketchbook that she, Allie, Elizabeth, and, especially, Rebecca put together for me.

40 Sketches for my 60th Birthday - 38 were complete, but 2 are awaiting the artists to appear at September's Amazing! Houston Comic Con. Bring it, Jimmy.

The majority of the sketches are from artist friends of mine. Mostly met through shows that's true, but several have become very good friends in the real world and many have eaten at our house while here for show. The work by the girls and the contributions by these folks to my gift mean the world to me. Thanks to you all.

Currently, I'm posting a composite of the 38 sketches. I'll get the individual pieces up over time. Enjoy. The Description on the link gives you the names of the artists. Eventually, I'll include links to their sites if they have them.

pkjEsqop_1306161258011gpadd.jpg

Anyone have a favorite?

Hard to say with the small pics - plan on posting larger ones?

Yes. They are all scanned, but I need to load them. Too much to do; too little time to do it.

Anyone have a favorite?

Hard to say with the small pics - plan on posting larger ones?

Yes. They are all scanned, but I need to load them. Too much to do; too little time to do it.

I look forward to the scans!

Anyone have a favorite?

A wonderful gift. :applause:

If I had to pick a few favorites, I would pick a quator (grouped together on the pic, by coincidence):

The Don Rosa, David Petersen, Yale Stewart, and the bird and friends on the left of Yale's Batman. I don't know who this last one is, but the drawing is amazingly cute.

But really, they are all great.

Edit: found on your description the artist for the bird drawing: Runton, Andy - Owly

Excellent choices!

I love Yale's work on JL8 and own two of the originals. I'm a big fan of David Petersen's Mouse Guard, too.

I've been a Don Rosa fan since his days drawing for the Rocket's Blast - Comic Collector (RBCC).

Owly is simply one of the best books for the littlest of kids and anyone that likes good art and a story well told.

------

The originals are all up now. Just click here to see them.