• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The worst enemy of a comics collector...

53 posts in this topic

budget...

So much silver age JLA and GL and now apparently UXM as well...so little budget to throw at thousand dollar comics.

After that...poor writing...so many good looking story lines...so many that turn out to be 2 minute reads. Almost every week I leave my local with at least 1 book that makes me think....wtf? why did i just spend 3 dollars on that?

to everyone

what is/would be the worst enemy for you as a comics collector (either be a person, a situation, an event, etc...)?!

let the "geek nightmares" begin...

grin.gif

regards, Pedro.

Common sense....

To see a mint copy of Hulk #181 sitting in a box on a tag sale table, being sold for a dollar AND NOT HAVING THE BLOODY DOLLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

(and no ATM around to boot!!!!) makepoint.gif

to everyone

what is/would be the worst enemy for you as a comics collector (either be a person, a situation, an event, etc...)?!

grin.gif

regards, Pedro.

Common sense....

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I have changed the grade on more than a few hundred books over the last 35 years through stupidity or sloppiness. I take care now an the books have there own room but when I was younger I stepped on more than a few getting up to take a pee and felt the covers let loose, kicked over more than a few stacks and had the "really " good early marvels in bags hanging on my bedroom wall in full sunlight. Then I got smarterer and put them in a super heated attic for 5 yrs before selling them in the 80s. I have certainly devalued more books than I have bought over graded books...

to everyone

grin.gif

regards, Pedro.

Amateurs at antique malls, flea markets, etc that know enough to look the book up in a guide but not enough to use the information therein.

To see a mint copy of Hulk #181 sitting in a box on a tag sale table, being sold for a dollar AND NOT HAVING THE BLOODY DOLLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

(and no ATM around to boot!!!!) makepoint.gif

Or having the dollar and realizing that the tag is stuck on the book. RIIIIIIIP.