• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Decent SCANNER for posting pics on the board buying ??

18 posts in this topic

I use the Epson Perfection 1650, it cost me just under $175.00 and it works great for me.

Is zat the one you use to scan the books for the contests?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What about the HP 5510? Legal-sized flatbed scanner, in a 4-in-one printer! Copy, Scan, Fax, and Print for $184 at Best Buy (was $142 last week). That's what I have my eye on, unless someone can talk me out of it.

I've invariably had problems with HP AIO (all in one) devices. Although I have one of the older OfficeJet G95 models. I only use it for faxing and color prints. I use an old Epson Perfection 1200U for scanning (but it doesn't do full-size CGC books).

HP does a miserable job of packaging the software applications for new models. If only one part of one app fails, your entire installation could drop dead. The removal process is the most manually intensive (and tedious) job I've ever encountered.

Some folks though just love 'em. Me, I won't recommend them.

Larry

I recommend the Microtek Scanmaker X12 USL. Probably now about $200, perhaps $250. It is what I use, and it can scan full CGC books. You can see the results at my website.

That's what I use to, and I'm very happy with it...

americasbest6.jpg

I recommend the Microtek Scanmaker X12 USL. Probably now about $200, perhaps $250. It is what I use, and it can scan full CGC books. You can see the results at my website.

That's what I use to, and I'm very happy with it...

americasbest6.jpg

After seeing that scan, that's the one I'm getting! thumbsup2.gif

I am still trying to fgure out how to post a scan, if you don't have your pics on photo site. Also what size should your pic be?

Here the limit is 150KB. hi.gif

DO NOT BUY THE HP CHEAPIE series of

scanners. I have an HP deskjet 812c that does just

absolutely a beautiful job of printing, moderately cheap

to refill the cartridges, and doesn't waste ink.

BUT the scanners just plain suck.

Software is beautiful if you are playing with slides for

a Powerpoint presentation, but just plain sucks if

you are scanning comics, or photos, or any stock

flat item. I even occasionally get a conflict problem

with other driver devices that link USB2 plug and play.

Royal PIA>>

I have a 7 year old Abletek scuzzy scanner that still

takes beautiful images hooked up to the P1 that the

wife plays games on, and the scanning is the only

reason I keep dumping money into that POS computer.

:: unable to open ; system.ini....

time to dig another harddrive out of the junk box.... frustrated.gif

yeah, i would advise that if you're going to get an all-in-one, make sure the scanner bed actually lays flat.

my 4-in-1 is all modern looking, with organic and sculptural shaping, but the scanner bed itself lies on a 5-degree angle, which is a massive PITA if you're trying to scan a HG book without it sliding down and falling out of the scanner area.

you'll find yourself doing something stupid like sticking a book under the front edge of the thing, just to get the bed to be flat

you'll find yourself doing something stupid like sticking a book under the front edge of the thing, just to get the bed to be flat

Isn't that what they printed all the Image titles for ? confused-smiley-013.gif