• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poor man's Suspense Comics #3

67 posts in this topic

Super Magician Vol 3 #2 (Al Bare)

image194.jpg

This book has always interested me.....

Only 4 graded ...and last sale was 2008 ..

strange that this book NEVER shows up

:cloud9::cloud9:

I actually had this copy for sale, for like 15 minutes, on the board the other day, but I changed my mind after I posted it and thankfully nobody bought it. I was literally getting ready to post this as a poor man's Suspense 3 on this thread when I saw your post. I like your copy better (thumbs u

F156CC10-EE6A-4ACB-8C78-31EDFE3CC175_zps9lkgx0uo.jpg

I always considered All New 8 to be the poor man's Suspense 3, but I really like my SSS 6 and wanted to post it again. :grin:

I would agree with you on the All New 8 as being the poor man's Suspense 3. (thumbs u

Another book that I have found interesting though, is Suspense 1 which almost appears to be a less refined and not as well done possible precursor to Suspense 3. Another damsel in bondage at the bottom with the rescuer on top against a moonlit sky, this time being threatened by hoodless men using a red hot Nazi poker. hm

Ah you beat me to it. Yeah I don't think there's any question. The composition has so many similarities that it can't be coincidence

Well, since I am only a poor collector here, I would probably have to take the Suspense 1 over the Suspense 3 based upon relative value in the marketplace.

Similarly, I guess that is why I have always tended to prefer the Phantom Lady 23 over the PL 17 as one of them was within my price range while the other was not.

Super Magician Vol 3 #2 (Al Bare)

image194.jpg

This book has always interested me.....

Only 4 graded ...and last sale was 2008 ..

strange that this book NEVER shows up

:cloud9::cloud9:

I actually had this copy for sale, for like 15 minutes, on the board the other day, but I changed my mind after I posted it and thankfully nobody bought it. I was literally getting ready to post this as a poor man's Suspense 3 on this thread when I saw your post. I like your copy better (thumbs u

F156CC10-EE6A-4ACB-8C78-31EDFE3CC175_zps9lkgx0uo.jpg

Its a great cover imo, one of first I was attracted to when I got back into collecting. Vastly underappreciated - and rarely seen. Glad its getting some air time here.

Super Magician v4#5?

I just received one from a great boardie (Thanks Jeremy!). The cover on mine is detached, but the colors are just amazing. Probably would look better if the Klan guy was wielding a large machete, but this will have do do for my Suspense 3 poor man fix.

SuperMagician_Vol45_zpstv3zfekp.png

Its a great cover imo, one of first I was attracted to when I got back into collecting. Vastly underappreciated - and rarely seen. Glad its getting some air time here.

Here's my old copy...bought it on the boards in 2013, then sold it in a charity thread here in 2014. This was a cool copy...from the Estate of Walter Gibson, (the original Blackstone writer and magic aficionado)

supermagician32_f.jpg

Here's my copy. Got it in a trade years ago when no one appreciated it. Kind of surprised that it has now been "discovered"

comsupemagicianv32_zpsjumchmj1.jpg

This one is just two issues later. Seems a lot of sacrificing going on in this title. This time instead of magic he figures a large stone block will work better.

comsupemagicianv34_zpsaroov5yh.jpg