• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please post positive feedback about the new case here.

266 posts in this topic

I've got three on the way that will be cracked out. I can't help the overall perception, but I would be glad to share the results with you. :foryou:

Even "if" they do eventually fix the problematic holder, how are they going to repair the long term perception of a flawed product . CGC's holder besides the grading/resto aspect is also protection, "if" the holder is damaging comics how many collector's will take a chance of sending in there prized comics.

Besides putting out a statement I think they will have to actually show a cross section of comics over a period of time to "try" to regain collectors trust. 2c

I have hardly any CGC comics in my collection anymore, however I do buy and crack them to have them raw and at this time would be very wary of doing this with a new case comic. This is my "perception" at this moment and wether it's merited or not it will stop me from buying these new case comics.

I think most people are brand loyal, but that's stop's when you feel that the brand is inferior or especially damaging.

Bottom line, fix it, prove it, and get a better PR person.

Are you going to keep them slabbed to see if the waves etc develop or are you going to crack them right away.?

Crack them right away - as soon as I can get to it. Hopefully within days of arrival. The presence of waves might get me to do it as fast as I can.

And seriously, what should I expect to get back from CGC when these come back? Should they be magically flat in the cases?

We all agree that there are problem books in cases but Y'all need to stop scraping random images off of eBay and other sites and running the "Is this damaged game?"

348C3441-D256-462D-9F24-8FCAFB69F2CC_zpsuowhzqmf.jpg

B4DD1F5C-D305-4A27-8279-BCB3B11A8718_zpsngylwkp1.jpg

4B4D8843-980F-4986-A0BA-486AFFD39C6F_zpswkb4nneg.jpg

DCFA7455-8881-49E9-B71F-7B0273F92493_zpsboccb3dl.jpg

The newer dc toilet paper books have waves and other modern books like walking dead starting in 2012 because the paper it was printed on but when you see thick cover books like the early walking deads in the new case with waves then there is clearly a problem with the new holder design.This is what most are freaking out about, books that usually never have waviness display it. The oceanic era of cgc is in full swing my friend, try to stay dry.

And seriously, what should I expect to get back from CGC when these come back? Should they be magically flat in the cases?

We all agree that there are problem books in cases but Y'all need to stop scraping random images off of eBay and other sites and running the "Is this damaged game?"

348C3441-D256-462D-9F24-8FCAFB69F2CC_zpsuowhzqmf.jpg

B4DD1F5C-D305-4A27-8279-BCB3B11A8718_zpsngylwkp1.jpg

4B4D8843-980F-4986-A0BA-486AFFD39C6F_zpswkb4nneg.jpg

DCFA7455-8881-49E9-B71F-7B0273F92493_zpsboccb3dl.jpg

The newer dc toilet paper books have waves and other modern books like walking dead starting in 2012 because the paper it was printed on but when you see thick cover books like the early walking deads in the new case with waves then there is clearly a problem with the new holder design.This is what most are freaking out about, books that usually never have waviness display it. The oceanic era of cgc is in full swing my friend, try to stay dry.

I think what Roy was referring to is that the new cases are supposed to have equal pressure throughout the holder in order to keep the books completely flat. If the pressure worked the way it should, every book should be flat no matter if they had waves before being graded. Since that is obviously not the case, the new holders aren't applying equal pressure across the entire book.