• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RECAP at END at Buzzetta's SDCC Couch Tour 2016- No Lines for Drinks or Bathroom

157 posts in this topic

You want your Cosplay?

Here is a link to 132 pics of Cosplay right here

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/21/132-stunning-cosplay-pics-from-san-diego-comic-con-on-thursday-in-and-out-of-the-beating-sun/

The Superman with the mustache is kind of creepy... If you are a boardie... I don't apologize... that getup was kind of creepy.

I am not a Flash fan... don't watch the show... don't read the books...

However... I definitely like this statue. It really has a sense of motion in it and I like the overall look.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-22%20at%202.06.31%20AM.png

Shame about that megatron.

I do not believe that Hasbro or Takara will ever market any character as a realistic gun aimed at children ever again.

The Masterpiece Megatron was definitely pushing it and even that had to have an orange cap glued to the barrel to distinguish it between a real gun and Megatron. Keep in mind that Masterpiece Megatron was produced before incidents such as the shooting at Sandy Hook. Given that Hasbro / Takara are primarily a kids toy company before an adult collector company, I would be surprised to even see a reissue.

On top of that, Masterpiece Megatron was prone to easy breakage. There are third party companies that do a much better design in my opinion (over the MP 'Official' Megatron) and if we ever see Megatron in the form of a handheld weapon again it will be that resembling a Nerf gun as they did in 2006. See pics. The first picture is of a Third Party Megatron by Toy World, called Hegemon, and the second one is the 2006 Nerf Toy Looking Megatron. Toyworld does make quality products. I have been very satisfied with what they have brought to market with the few pieces I have purchased.

reduced-galery_image_8670_12738.jpg

Megatron-classics.jpg

I also don't think we will get a proper Masterpiece release of Megatron as a gun anymore. I do like X-Transbots Apollyon version of Megatron. Might be the closest we will get.

That's appears to be a more sturdy design than the Hasbro / Takara version as well. I've never been in the market for an MP Scale Megatron but if I was, that X-Transbots version would definitely get some consideration.

I've never held anything in hand by X-Transbots... how is their quality?

Oh my... I am waiting for pics...

Star Wars Rebels toys are being introduced...

Rogue One AT-ACT Walker

This is being made... and it walks... and it is scaled at 3.75" figures... and it can be controlled from your iPhone...

I have two Star Wars vehicles, both things that will most likely never be reissued because of the cost of getting it out there... the BMF At-At and the BMF Millennium Falcon. This could be a fun one though... but I probably don't have the space.

Worked with Lucasfilm to develop this Walker variant from the movie trailer. The Walker not only features lights and sound, but also actually walks! They had one on hand that walked slowly across the panel table. Side-pods insides of chin-guns, and a cargo pod in the center of the body that can be removed to create a little bunker on the ground. You could control the head from the back of the body, and fire missiles as well. You can also control it from your phone! It'll come with three unique figures: a driver, a black astro-mech, and Jyn. Overall, a really, really impressive package.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-22%20at%203.54.08%20PM.png

Looks like the new phone controlled AT-AT is about the same size or slightly smaller than the Kenner AT-AT from 1981. It would have been amazing had they rereleased the 2010 AT-AT with some modifications.

SDCC-2016-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Dio-001-928x483.jpg

I also don't think we will get a proper Masterpiece release of Megatron as a gun anymore. I do like X-Transbots Apollyon version of Megatron. Might be the closest we will get.

That's appears to be a more sturdy design than the Hasbro / Takara version as well. I've never been in the market for an MP Scale Megatron but if I was, that X-Transbots version would definitely get some consideration.

I've never held anything in hand by X-Transbots... how is their quality?

The Apollyon is the only third party masterpiece I own, as I would rather get Takara issued bots. The quality is impressive though and it feels just as solid as any of the current MP offerings that TT has been releasing. A bit pricey still on the aftermarket.

Looks like the new phone controlled AT-AT is about the same size or slightly smaller than the Kenner AT-AT from 1981. It would have been amazing had they rereleased the 2010 AT-AT with some modifications.

SDCC-2016-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Dio-001-928x483.jpg

Disappointed with this. Looks like the knees don't even bend and it has more Nerf weapons. :facepalm:

Add to that the rumored price is going to be close to $300 and it's an easy pass.

Buzzetta you are the best for doing this, really thanks.

Now I need to buy those Joes for when my son is ready to play with them. I have the old ones waiting for him to destroy in a box.

Buzzetta, is there a website where I can check out sixth scale figures to find out what else the company made for people to buy or order? A friend told me he had placed his order on TNMT figures to his collection. That got me curious to know what others look like.

Buzzetta you are the best for doing this, really thanks.

Now I need to buy those Joes for when my son is ready to play with them. I have the old ones waiting for him to destroy in a box.

Thanks... I just look around on my computer and iPad and just repost what I think is kinda 'cool'

Buzzetta, is there a website where I can check out sixth scale figures to find out what else the company made for people to buy or order? A friend told me he had placed his order on TNMT figures to his collection. That got me curious to know what others look like.

If these are the TMNT 1/6th scale figures you are referring to then they are produced by Mondo and Sideshow.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/tmnt-donatello-mondo-902554/

If you want to check out 1/6th scale figures start off with Sideshow. Sideshow produces their own 1/6th scale line but will also distribute the 1/6th scale figures of other companies like Hot Toys.

You can also visit www.toyark.com

Disappointed with this. Looks like the knees don't even bend and it has more Nerf weapons. :facepalm:

Add to that the rumored price is going to be close to $300 and it's an easy pass.

I think the bend in the knees was sacrificed to make sure the walking mechanism works. However, an easy fix would have been to have it in walking and posing mode. In posing mode the knees bend and in walking mode the knees lock.

If it is indeed $300 then that is destined for the clearance racks much like the 1/6th scale tie fighter is. That 1/6th scale should never have had a $165 price tag to begin with. Still I recognize that the cost of plastics has risen. I paid retail with a coupon for my BMF AT-AT. So I am guessing $100 - coupon + tax. If they were to rerelease that 2010 AT-AT now it would probably command a $200 price tag if not more now. That is why they have not rereleased that, the AT-TE or the BMF Falcon.

BTW... I was totally expecting something different as the "Big" vehicle from Hasbro. I am surprised that they have not tackled "The Ghost" from Star Wars: Rebels. I was honestly expecting that. If not that then I figured they would rerelease the AT-TE and tweak the molds to create Captain Rex's AT-TE home as also featured in Star Wars: Rebels.

BTW...

For anyone that has no idea what I am talking about, do a google search for:

BMF Millennium Falcon

To get an idea, the original Kenner version barely fit two figures. In the remake the cockpit fits four figures in a sitting in a chair position. (Remember when the figures were super articulated)

BMF AT-AT

To get an idea... the 1981 Kenner version featured a cockpit that fit two figures. The 2010 remake sits two figures up front, with space to comfortable house another 3-4 figures in the command section of the head. It's truly a BMF AT-AT. The rear section also features one and half levels for troops, two winches, a command console. The rear section holds space for a speeder bike.