• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RECAP at END at Buzzetta's SDCC Couch Tour 2016- No Lines for Drinks or Bathroom

157 posts in this topic

I will admit to preordering this from Entertainment Earth before the reveal "just in case" it was sold out. This was advertised as six black series v3.75" figures that had never been released before for $79.99 shipped.

After the reveal I promptly sent an email to cancel my order.

HSB8671lg.jpg

I will admit to preordering this from Entertainment Earth before the reveal "just in case" it was sold out. This was advertised as six black series v3.75" figures that had never been released before for $79.99 shipped.

HSB8671lg.jpg

That should be a $40 set at best. They have it priced at twice what a set of repainted figures should be worth IMHO.

I will admit to preordering this from Entertainment Earth before the reveal "just in case" it was sold out. This was advertised as six black series 3.75" figures that had never been released before for $79.99 shipped.

HSB8671lg.jpg

That should be a $40 set at best. They have it priced at twice what a set of repainted figures should be worth IMHO.

They honored my request and after the fact asked me if I could shed some insight as to why I no longer wanted the set and if I realized it was an exclusive. I figured that I should, in as nice a way as possible, tell them so that there will be better exclusives in the future.

my response... I am hoping it does not across as being a "Richard Nixon"

'

Dear Edward,

I thank you for your prompt reply and assistance in canceling order number XXXXXXXX. I have ordered a few times with EE over the years. I originally ordered this set before the contents were revealed hoping it would be something like the Joker Squad set which EE once offered or likened to your competitor, Amazon's, exclusive set of characters with the "build a droid" parts. I ordered this set sight unseen to reserve my spot. When the reveal came the day after that it was a set composed solely of repainted R2-D2's it was not something that I felt was worth the price tag especially when advertised as being part of the Black Series. Had the exclusive been a mix of fully articulated characters and droids I would have retained the order. I was expecting more than just repainted R2-D2's. I am hopeful that I am in the minority by canceling my pre-order as if the set does well, I realize EE will continue to partner with Hasbro for more exclusives that would otherwise not reach collectors. In the case of this particular exclusive, it did not serve my collecting focus.

I appreciate the quick response and this is why I have confidence in and will continue to utilize EE as a site for my collecting needs.

Again, I thank you for your promptness in attending to my request,

Andrew

HSB8671lg.jpg

Looks like new VW Beetle cars.

Tonight prior to logging in I arrived at the CGC splashpage...saw the promotional for SDCC...and thought to myself, is that "Buzzetta" cat going to do the "Couch Tour"? I get to the chat board message page what is the first thing I notice......? !

lol

I am sitting back perusing websites, listing stuff on eBay, enjoying something cold... and posting anything interesting here.

Hasbro is promising to show off the Rogue One line which will be nice.

Marvel Civil War Three Pack of Spider-man Cap and Stark... Alternate Heads as well... (Except the Spider-guy)

san-diego-comic-con-hasbro-brand-presentation-breakfast-125.jpg