• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bets and Predictions for the press release!!

299 posts in this topic

I said it in the poofed thread, and I'll repeat it again here. The true measure of a person -- or even a company -- isn't how they conduct themselves when everything is going perfectly, but when things aren't going well or are in a crisis.

CGC's actions over the last several weeks have been very telling. And not in a good way at all. :facepalm:

I truly do hope the announcement that is supposedly coming has something to do with a fix for the new holder. Yet I have a feeling it's going to be something shiny and new to distract us once again like launching the new board software.

Well that or they are going to put the entire boards on time out because ironically a few of the most negative people on the boards don't sub books at all but keep stirring the pot anyway.

Okay I've been on the road the past hour - what happened to poof the other thread?

Someone posted a Brittany response that they made major changes to case and they cracked out his reholders to reholder lol

That would be my guess. :)

I said it in the poofed thread, and I'll repeat it again here. The true measure of a person -- or even a company -- isn't how they conduct themselves when everything is going perfectly, but when things aren't going well or are in a crisis.

CGC's actions over the last several weeks have been very telling. And not in a good way at all. :facepalm:

:hi:

I completely agree. The posted email actually gave me a glimmer of hope. But my hope was poofed.

Okay I've been on the road the past hour - what happened to poof the other thread?

I notified the mods that you and roy's posts were ruining my morning coffee.

So that you two are clear I've provided a breakdown.

I notified - means to alert or let them know

the mods - mods are people who monitor the website

that you and roy - the two participants

were ruining - going from Good bob to bad bob

my morning coffee - a beverage I drink to wake me up

Clear? :jokealert:

Define "clear."

Someone posted a Brittany response that they made major changes to case and they cracked out his reholders to reholder lol

That would be my guess. :)

That plus those unsightly pictures of so-called fixed or reholdered slabs that Gadzukes was posting for everybody to see. :boo:

the likely rationale would be promotion of a competitor

So if someone were to post a comment promoting another grading company in the " This Week in Your Collection" thread, they would poof the entire 4,672 page thread? Hmmmm.... :baiting:

Define "clear."

Free of Newton Rings

The likely "excuse" would be "promotion of a competitor". I read the thread pretty much from start to finish, and while it was implied by at least one person that submitting to someone else out there would be a consideration in the future, said someone was never actually mentioned by name, I don't think. if it was, then the number of posts doing so were minuscule, and could have easily been excised on their own.

The most likely rationale is that there were pictures of multiple examples of books that have been reholdered and "fixed", but apparently weren't any better (or in some cases, worse) than they were after the first submission. As well as apparent "solutions" being provided by CGC that are in contradiction to earlier statements they made.

All that "inconvenient truth" is what's causing the poofs.

I dont post alot of messages but I guess my last 1 crossed the LINE.

My prediction seems to be GONE!

We are being watched! Which is good??

40 posts since 2002, OG doesn't post a lot.

If this isn't an example of customer concerns, I don't know what is. CGC are you listening?

argh that other thread that blew up last night just got deleted as i was reading through it. i dont read the bs within but the photos and content are very valuable as a collector and someone who has a book or two that I was planning to send in for a reholder.

cgc if you see this, seriously, let us as a group discuss these issues openly.

Dream on....

The likely "excuse" would be "promotion of a competitor". I read the thread pretty much from start to finish, and while it was implied by at least one person that submitting to someone else out there would be a consideration in the future, said someone was never actually mentioned by name, I don't think. if it was, then the number of posts doing so were minuscule, and could have easily been excised on their own.

The most likely rationale is that there were pictures of multiple examples of books that have been reholdered and "fixed", but apparently weren't any better (or in some cases, worse) than they were after the first submission. As well as apparent "solutions" being provided by CGC that are in contradiction to earlier statements they made.

All that "inconvenient truth" is what's causing the poofs.

While I don't disagree with your analysis, there was also an ill advised post near the end of the thread with a little too much information edited to "with a little too much information"

Sure, it could have been excised along with a couple other questionable posts...

I just got off the phone with Brittany and I asked her if I could place all of my books (roughly 60) from a pre-screen in the old holder next week. She said they would be making the press release about the new changes sometime this week but they need to get ready before doing so. She said I would most likely not even want the old case after I see the new changes but that I could still opt for the old case If I wish to do so (given that there enough for all of my books). I'm guessing that they do have a pile of old cases in the back but are only using them for submitters who had a defective case or others will only accept this option. It will be interesting to see what changes they have actually made. :wishluck: Hoping for the best